kayumanggi

THE HITMAN'S BODYGUARD | 08.18.17 | trailer 1 on page 1

7 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

I got a pass to go see the AMC Stubs Premiere screening next Wednesday. Gonna pick up my ticket tonight. Hope work doesn't keep me from seeing it next week.

You can pick up your ticket early?! 

2 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

My local theater does that, their way tracking seat availability.

I'll have to check if my AMC does it. I'll go by tomorrow afternoon and see if I can get them. I usually just go earlier the day of but never thought about getting them days earlier lol 

Just now, Nova said:

I'll have to check if my AMC does it. I'll go by tomorrow afternoon and see if I can get them. I usually just go earlier the day of but never thought about getting them days earlier lol 

The city screenings I've attempted to go to haven't done that.

1 minute ago, Jay Beezy said:

The city screenings I've attempted to go to haven't done that.

I live in a suburb in South Jersey. It's really close to Philadelphia though and the theater I'm talking about is extremely popular so it may not do it just because of how popular it is and where it's located. 

If it doesn't do it, oh well. Just gonna have to go early like I always do lol 

5 hours ago, ClaudeManhattan said:

He been acting longer than Channing Tatum, but Tatum is doing high quality work with top directors. Maybe RR should get CT's agent.

The difference is CT takes more chances.

RR seems to play the same character in every movie.

Edited by Mike Branson

14 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

WHY IS THIS THE MOVIE GIVING OUT THE MOST DISCOURSE ON THESE FORUMS

Good question. I guess some people are just really desperate to see Logan Lucky do solidly and think that this movie will be a detriment to its run.

Little do they know that, if both movies are good, both will do very well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mike Branson said:

The difference is CT takes more chances.

RR seems to play the same character in every movie.

This comment alone shows that you know very little about Ryan Reynolds filmography....if you really think he plays the same character in every movie. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mike Branson said:

What interesting is R.I.P.D., CHIPS, LETS BE COPS and FIST FIGHT are all bad movies and they embargo was lifted the night before their release date.

As far as we know now THB is following that same road.

However, that doesn't mean this is a bad movie. Because of past movies Lionsgate should realise this late embargo is making some people have justified doubt about this movie. They should move the lift up a week before to end any doubt.

Two late embargoes lifted last night "Dark Tower" and "Kidnap" are getting mostly terrible reviews.

Edited by ClaudeManhattan

6 hours ago, ClaudeManhattan said:

Two late embargoes lifted last night "Dark Tower" and "Kidnap" are getting mostly terrible reviews.

Seems these days non-blockbuster or non-franchise movies with a late embargo generally get poor reviews. While movies with an early embargo lift generally gets the better reviews.

So my friend watched this a few months ago at a screening for exhibitors (he's high up at one of my local theaters) and while he's not allowed to say much because he signed an NDA....he was able to tell me some things about the movie. 

He thinks its a pretty good action comedy. 

Had quite a few laugh out loud moments.

The chemsitry between Reynolds and Jackson was fantastic. The movie pretty much lives on their interaction. 

The action is very good. 

The story is basic but that's to be expected. 

Overall he gave it a thumbs up and said he was gonna watch it again when it comes out and thinks it's gonna do well at the BO...if people catch on to it. I asked him what he thinks the critics will say and his response was "Everyone I watched it with liked it. There were lots of laughs. That doesn't mean they loved it but the movie does its job. That's good enough for me. I don't know if it'll be good enough for the critics though. Sometimes it is. Sometimes it isn't." 

FYI this convo came up when I told him how I excited I was to watch it early and he goes "HA you peasant. I watched that movie months ago." 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ClaudeManhattan said:

Exhibitors like every movie that's going to make them money, whether the movie is good or bad.

This was my friend having an honest conversation with me about the film. He's hated plenty of films. He's not obligated to personally like films. And when exhibitors talk to one another about films, they're not obligated to gloat about the films either. However, you're right that they want every movie to do well because that means money so they'll never publicly diss a film but what they say privately to one another and how they react in the actual screenings is another thing all together. They're human beings. Just like you and I. Not paid actors that can conceal their reactions during screenings. 

I know youre desperately wanting this film to fail, for who knows what reason, which is why I imagine you'll look to discredit any positive thoughts about this film. 

You've already stated this film looks dumb and bad so I can imagine you're not gonna watch it which begs the question, why are you still posting in this thread? 99% of posters who have no interest in a film or think a film looks bad, don't continually post its thread. Usually they state their opinion on the film and then exit the thread. The other 1% well the seasoned posters on here know what the other 1% are considered. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ClaudeManhattan said:

Exhibitors like every movie that's going to make them money, whether the movie is good or bad.

Or...maybe they actually liked it.  Crazy thought...I know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ClaudeManhattan said:

I concur with Nova.  We get that you don't care for the film.  So why are you constantly posting in this thread?  Logan Lucky could use some good cheerleaders.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is such a strange film to hate. 

I mean I don't get the hate for films period or wanting them to fail (except the Emoji Movie!!!) but I understand when fanboys get involved for certain films, that kind of stuff happens. 

This isnt a fanboy driven film or anything. 

Just weird that its attracted folks looking for it to fail :thinking:

• Like 1