kayumanggi

THE HITMAN'S BODYGUARD | 08.18.17 | trailer 1 on page 1

5 hours ago, Mike Branson said:

I guess we Americans have a hard time understand other cultures that silence dissent

That's not why he was thread banned.  Everyone is allowed to not like the movie, say they think it looks stupid, not like RR, hate Sam Jackson and so on.  But there isn't one post of his in this this thread that is anything but vitriol towards the movie.  There's stating your opinion and moving on and then there's doing what he did.  It's why the rule of spoiling the well was created.  And I didn't thread ban him.  The staff thread banned him.  No one gets banned because of one moderator.  The staff talks things over and then makes an appropriate and majority decision.  And most of the staff here is American.  If you disagree with the decision, you are more than welcome to take it up with our admins, @Water Bottle and @Squadron Leader Tele

• Like 6

And btw....when he does come back, he's still more than welcome to express his dislike of the film, as long as he contributes in other ways to the conversation.

• Like 1

On 04/08/2017 at 10:56 AM, ClaudeManhattan said:

Do you. 

Now is your chance. 1...2...3...go

Just returning to this thread for the first time since.

I think it looks hilarious - Reynolds and Jackson have some great potential as a comedic pair - and like a great time at the movies. I'll be going to this with a friend on opening weekend (and I don't see many comedies at the theatre).

• Community Manager
17 hours ago, Mike Branson said:

One last thing, I wasn't going speak on this subject, but I the need to speak.

It is Un-American to ban someone voice for a week just because he is not drinking the Kool-Aid

The First amendment only applies to the government not to private non-profit institutions. There are rules we have on this forum and you agree to follow them when you post here. You are free to post your opinions-indeed people have expressed negative opinion of this movie without getting thread banned. We thread ban when you try to hijack the thread with a negative opinion and thus create a hostile atmosphere for other members of the community. We want this community to be a pleasant place to visit and we believe our attempt to do this separates us from many other online communities. 

That isn't unAmerican by the way. If you think it is, you don't understand America as well as you think.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nova said:

This is when the marketing for this film was in peak form. Now it's abysmal. Sad! 

Here's something to bring it back up.

Did Lionsgate team with ScreenJunkies on this? That's definitely the voiceover for their honest trailers.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Here's something to bring it back up.

Did Lionsgate team with ScreenJunkies on this? That's definitely the voiceover for their honest trailers.

Okay that was AWESOME! That's what I thought the marketing for this would be like. 

And I would be shocked if they didn't team up with ScreenJunkies for this. 

Reads the reviews on Letterboxd. One talks about Reynolds and Jackson chemistry (3.5 stars). The other wishes it were Spy (2 stars). 

Shrugs. 

From what I've gathered this movie sounds to me like its a lot like Central Intelligence in that script/story probably sucks but it's all saved because of the chemistry between the two leads. I loved Central Intelligence. I know a lot of people didn't or a lot of people who thought it was average. And that's okay, obviously. 

Personally, I am not watching this movie for the story itself (what kind of hitman needs a Bodyguard? Seriously lol) I just want to go to the theater and laugh my ass off. I feel like I haven't been to a movie that's done that in a while. In t-minus 12 hours, I will see if this movie delivers in that regard. If it doesn't....well it won't be the first film that's disappointed me and it won't be the last ;) 

Really hoping the Reynolds/Jackson chemistry is as good as it is in the trailers though lol Otherwise I am gonna be pissed 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Alli said:

some more reviews were posted on letterboxd. doesn't look too good...

Really? Because such reviews as....

Both Samuel L. Jackson and Ryan Reynolds worked really well together in this film. I was laughing my ass off at the hilarious lines they would come up with when talking shit to each other. It was even more funnier when the whole theater would laugh as I and my buddy did. Made the experience that much sweeter. The story was okay at best. Nothing really special to me and I'm sure you will feel the same way if any of you go to check it out on release day but what will keep your attention throughout the movie is the 2 love birds on the poster.

...are SOOOOOO awful, right?

Granted, nothing overtly positive (one particular was certainly less enthusiastic than others), but still, you're acting like this movie is the next fucking Wild Wild West and I don't get it. Your weird fascination with this movie being terrible is odd to me.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

Just now, Alli said:

I'm just reporting the facts. i have no dog in this fight. you are getting defensive for nothing

I was just gonna come in here and defend you lol 

Honestly, I'm not expecting this to set the world on fire critically like Logan Lucky. I think it's average score will be around where CI was and whether it's fresh or rotten on RT will be determined by whether the chemistry between Reynolds/Jackson is good enough for critics to give it a fresh rating as opposed to a rotten one 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alli said:

I'm just reporting the facts. i have no dog in this fight. you are getting defensive for nothing

Alright fine, good point, but I only said that because literally every single post you've made in the last few weeks has been clearly indicative of negativity, and I was thinking that you're another one of those who just wants this movie to fail so that Logan Lucky succeeds, clearly missing the point that both movies can co-exist, but oh well.

It's not gonna be a huge critical hit, obviously; my defensiveness was just against some people's clear wish for this movie to be annihilated... just so Logan Lucky sees a clear path to the end, which makes no sense cause both movies can do well at the same time.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Alright fine, good point, but I only said that because literally every single post you've made in the last few weeks has been clearly indicative of negativity, and I was thinking that you're another one of those who just wants this movie to fail so that Logan Lucky succeeds, clearly missing the point that both movies can co-exist, but oh well.

It's not gonna be a huge critical hit, obviously; my defensiveness was just against some people's clear wish for this movie to be annihilated... just so Logan Lucky sees a clear path to the end, which makes no sense cause both movies can do well at the same time.

Believe it or not i'm rooting for this movie. I think LL looks so stupid.

But i'm not gonna ignore the facts. I'm not expecting it to be critically acclaimed, but the audience's opinion matters. that's why i'm worried about those early reactions from the public. that's all

Edited by Alli
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Alli said:

But i'm not gonna ignore the facts. I'm not expecting it to be critically acclaimed, but the audience's opinion matters. that's why i'm worried about those early reactions from the public. that's all

Again, they're not that bad. You make it sound like they're worse than they are. Literally every single reaction echoes the same sentiment - Ryan Reynolds and SLJ are hilarious together; maybe the movie around them isn't the best, but they are heart and soul of the film, and they lead on greatly. I will see this movie FOR Reynolds and SLJ, and if they deliever on the comedy, they'll deliever on the movie for me, and that's what I think most people will see it for too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Alli said:

If you want more reactions, check out Twitter. Most of them once again mention the Reynolds/Jackson combo. 

• Like 1