kayumanggi

THE HITMAN'S BODYGUARD | 08.18.17 | trailer 1 on page 1

To be fair, I think we need some level of skepticism/negativity towards a film (within reason). Idk I just don't see any interesting conversations starting up if everyone is loving a movie

"I can't wait to see this!"

"ya me too!"

"and me!"

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely on the hype train for this, and I think it'll be great. But I think as long as the negativity is kept within reason then I don't see why we can't all have different opinions.

• Like 2

ClaudeManhattan has been thread banned from this thread for one week.  He can start posting in here again next Friday the 11th of August.  If he does post in here before said date, he will be banned from the forums for an undisclosed amount of time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

To be fair, I think we need some level of skepticism/negativity towards a film (within reason). Idk I just don't see any interesting conversations starting up if everyone is loving a movie

"I can't wait to see this!"

"ya me too!"

"and me!"

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely on the hype train for this, and I think it'll be great. But I think as long as the negativity is kept within reason then I don't see why we can't all have different opinions.

We can.  No one is saying otherwise.  But if your sole purpose at the forums is to rag on one movie and nothing else, then it's not needed.  Spoiling the well isn't just for super hero films.  

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Nova said:

"You motherfucker!" 

"How many times are you gonna say motherfucker?"

"As many motherfucker times as I please." 

"There ya go, ruining the word Motherfucker." 

"I did no such thing, motherfucker." 

They're going to have to do a lot of editing to make it suitable for basic cable!! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Alli said:

People are rooting for RR. He has potential. I think this movie will showcase his comedic skills once again.

I think Reynolds is more the straight man in this film compared to Deadpool but I imagine he and Jackson will be very fun to watch on screen

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ClaudeManhattan said:

You have to admit the reviewer spent more time on things he didn't like about the movie.

Me? I only saw up until the spoiler free part of the video, cause I actually plan on seeing it, so I have nothing to say here. Especially to you, who have already made up your mind that this movie sucks even if everybody comes out and raves it. It's like talking to a robot or a parrot.

EDIT: Thank God this guy got banned. Who the fuck wants to see this movie fail and why? And why the hell did "Logan Lucky vs. Hitman's Bodyguard" turn into the new Marvel vs. DC with all of the shade throwing and assholity? Fuckin' idiots, man.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Virulent fanboyism aside, this August is a wasteland -  so why are they opening Logan Lucky vs. Hitman's Bodyguard against each other?

Logan Lucky is from Bleecker Street, a studio that doesn't exactly specialize in mainstream fare (Eye in the Sky and Megan Leavey are their only $10M+ grossers). If it makes anything over that, it'll be considered a success.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Virulent fanboyism aside, this August is a wasteland -  so why are they opening Logan Lucky vs. Hitman's Bodyguard against each other?

Hitman's Bodyguard has had this release date since last year. Logan Lucky was gonna open sometime in October and then moved here. I have no idea why though. But I assume Hitman's Bodyguard wasn't gonna change because Lionsgate is the bigger studio, they had the release date first and lastly they probably felt like regardless of Logan Lucky, they're gonna trust their film to do well. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Logan Lucky is from Bleecker Street, a studio that doesn't exactly specialize in mainstream fare (Eye in the Sky and Megan Leavey are their only $10M+ grossers). If it makes anything over that, it'll be considered a success.

Bleecker St is only the distributor though, it's a Soderberg production where he maintained a lot of control of how it was released.  It has a reliable comedy star in Tatum and a good supporting cast with some name power, and currently on RT has 6.5k Want to See, so they might have a $8-10m+ opener on their hands.  So why set it up against another comedy?  Why not release it this weekend of next.  Puzzling.

• Like 1

Just now, TalismanRing said:

Bleecker St is only the distributor though, it's a Soderberg production where he maintained a lot of control of how it was released.  It has a reliable comedy star in Tatum and a good supporting cast with some name power, and currently on RT has 6.5k Want to See, so they might have a $8-10m+ opener on their hands.  So why set it up against another comedy?  Why not release it this weekend of next.  Puzzling.

My thoughts exactly. They specifically moved it to the weekend of August 18th. I mean I think both movies can co-exist but like you said, it's weird that they purposefully moved into a Weekend that has another comedy opening in it 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Soderbergh movies aren't typically big grossers though: the only ones to make over $40M total are the Ocean's trilogy, his 2000 double whammy (Erin Brockovich and Traffic), Contagion, and Magic Mike. Logan Lucky will probably land in the Side Effects/Informant area, which is nothing to sneeze at either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Well, it will open to 10M sooooooooooooo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Well, it will open to 10M sooooooooooooo

I think Logan Lucky will surprise and open 18-20 million. It's an indies movie so it doesn't matter what its open against.

Soderburgh has said LL has to reach a low threshold to be successful.

One last thing, I wasn't going speak on this subject, but I the need to speak.

It is Un-American to ban someone voice for a week just because he is not drinking the Kool-Aid

8 minutes ago, Mike Branson said:

I think Logan Lucky will surprise and open 18-20 million. It's an indies movie so it doesn't matter what its open against.

Soderburgh has said LL has to reach a low threshold to be successful.

One last thing, I wasn't going speak on this subject, but I the need to speak.

It is Un-American to ban someone voice for a week just because he is not drinking the Kool-Aid

Um, he's certainly drinking some kind of Kool-Aid.

Edited by Jay Beezy