kayumanggi

Monday Numbers: 2.33 M DEADPOOL | 0.96 M GODS OF EGYPT | 0.51 M THE REVENANT | 168 K SPOTLIGHT (down 2% from Sunday; expands to 1200 theaters this weekend)

30 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

300K behind American Sniper's third Monday. Still iffy on whether it can catch it.

If you compare points in the run, DP still has a 37m dollar advantage. AS earned $100m over the rest of its run, so in order to match it, DP only needs another 63m. It can fall faster and still get there.

Not saying it will, just that earning less per day isn't the end of the world because it's been ahead so far.

• Like 4

DEADPOOL should pass 310m by this Sunday (previous biggest adjusted X-men movie was Last Stand at 311m DOM). That's just 24 DAYS!

CRAZY run!

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=xmen.htm

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Isn't Spotlight already on DVD? What's the point of an expansion?

people will still go see it. It doesn't cost anything to keep the movie going so why wouldn't you do it?

Doesn't it cost money to expand to theaters? Not that much, but still some?

Also, LOL, why did A24 schedule Room's DVD release date for tomorrow? An expansion on that could've done some good this weekend too.

2 hours ago, Blankments said:

Isn't Spotlight already on DVD? What's the point of an expansion?

People like going out to see a movie.  Hell I have Spotlight on blu-ray but if some friends asked me to go catch it this weekend in theaters I probably would lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blankments said:

Doesn't it cost money to expand to theaters? Not that much, but still some?

Also, LOL, why did A24 schedule Room's DVD release date for tomorrow? An expansion on that could've done some good this weekend too.

How do you know they aren't expanding it this weekend? In fact, I am pretty sure they will.