kayumanggi

Monday Numbers: 2.33 M DEADPOOL | 0.96 M GODS OF EGYPT | 0.51 M THE REVENANT | 168 K SPOTLIGHT (down 2% from Sunday; expands to 1200 theaters this weekend)

TFA doing 2.5x daily what Jurassic World was doing at the same point.  On day 74 Jurrassic World was at $639.6m and it got to $652.2m.  TFA is currently at $926.2m

Should be able to get to $940m by the end of the run.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Who would have thought that Deadpool....an R-rated movie...would outgross another R-rated movie like Passion of the Christ, worldwide?

It's what I have hoped for then again I love Deadpool for years.

• Like 2

I plan on rewatching Room and Creed with my mother on Spring Break since she hasn't seen either. Really looking forward to revisiting the two best acting awards winners this season.

*cries to self*

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

TFA doing 2.5x daily what Jurassic World was doing at the same point.  On day 74 Jurrassic World was at $639.6m and it got to $652.2m.  TFA is currently at $926.2m

Right now, yes, but Jurassic World got a re-expansion starting on day 78 (574 theaters --> 1239 theaters)

Which gave it a $3M week-end at the same point in their runs (the upcoming week-end).

6 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Right now, yes, but Jurassic World got a re-expansion starting on day 78 (574 theaters --> 1239 theaters)

Which gave it a $3M week-end at the same point in their runs (the upcoming week-end).

54 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

TFA is doing roughly 1,9X what LOTR - TTT was doing at that point.  TTT ended its run in late AUGUST (incredible right? - still only grossed 1M between June and August).  Considering TFA went from 3X multi to 1,9X multi in the last month or so, applying a safe 1,5X multi to the remaining run of TTT (9M$), that would put TFA right on 940M$.  Any special editions or exclusive Rogue One feature would obviously change this upwards. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Blankments said:

Doesn't it cost money to expand to theaters? Not that much, but still some?

Also, LOL, why did A24 schedule Room's DVD release date for tomorrow? An expansion on that could've done some good this weekend too.

Digital distribution makes it much, much cheaper than it used to be.