Plain Old Tele

London Has Fallen (2016)

London Has Fallen (2016)  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

The first one was pretty good. But this one not really, London Has Fallen is a hit and miss when it comes to action the film doesn't feel like it's long but the action feels  cheap and somewhat DTV. Morgan Freeman's role this time feels unecessary in the film, same with Angela Basset. The villain is kinda bland. There are some decent lines of dialogue. In comparison to Antoine Fuqua, Babak Najafi's direction is just there but is just ok. Overall while not a bad film London Has Fallen is not a good one either and falls short of the fun that the first one had. Grade:C.

Loved the first....slightly disappointed in this one.  It didn't have the same feel as the first.  There were no epic moments like the game of fuck off.  A decent way to spend 2 hours but not as fun as the first

6.5/10

• Like 2

I'll take this over BVS or Civil War any day of the week. 

Finally will keep to my word and refuse to see these bland, predictable superhero outings. 

I had hoped it would have more of the bloodlust and no holds barred attitude Olympus had, but after the quadruple or quintuple kill, the film went downhill. 

The action genre grows ever harder to please. Quick cuts and lots of aimless firing just does not cut it anymore, and whilst this tried slightly (not like superhero movies lol) it still was too safe and generic after that. 

It is too much to ask for it to also be intelligent and have something to say on the war on terror, (Brussels happening weeks after) but if it could do that with the next sequel, if it ever had one, it could be an uber revitalization of this franchise, genre and ambition in general of these flicks. 

London Has Fallen: If you show this movie to a bunch of Trump supporters, i'm pretty sure they would not only eat this film up but they would actually think this type of scenario could happen in real life. This movie's logic and plot is so stupid. There is so much stuff this terrorist group would have to do to pull off this style of attack, that it's to the point of ridiculous. Saying that, I had a ton of fun watching this film. The action is way over the top, the patriotic level is cranked up to 200%, and some of the kills in the film reach Die Hard 5 levels. This is a great film I recommend getting drunk too with a bunch of friends.
Grade: C-

• Like 1

Benjamin Asher: Was that necessary?
[after Banning kills a terrorist as his brother listens via radio]
Mike Banning: No.

Doesn't pretend to be anything other than a shoot 'em up and although weaker than its predecessor, I was at least entertained for the short 90-minute running time.

***/*****, (C+, 6.2/10, 2.5/4)

On 3/30/2016 at 5:58 PM, MovieGuyKyle17 said:

London Has Fallen: If you show this movie to a bunch of Trump supporters, i'm pretty sure they would not only eat this film up but they would actually think this type of scenario could happen in real life. This movie's logic and plot is so stupid. There is so much stuff this terrorist group would have to do to pull off this style of attack, that it's to the point of ridiculous. Saying that, I had a ton of fun watching this film. The action is way over the top, the patriotic level is cranked up to 200%, and some of the kills in the film reach Die Hard 5 levels. This is a great film I recommend getting drunk too with a bunch of friends.
Grade: C-

wow, so true.  definitely a movie to watch getting drunk to.  D+