kayumanggi

Tuesday Numbers: 5.40 M ZOOTOPIA | 2.13 M LONDON HAS FALLEN | 1.67 M DEADPOOL

4 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

It's not going to hold $5m for W/Th. A 25% drop for Wednesday puts it a smidge over $4m. And it'll probably drop under $4m for Thursday.

LEGO had a holiday propping up its second weekend.

LEGO had a 424% Friday jump which was skewed by the Holiday but it was at $2,186,224  on Wed.

2 hours ago, Miggysmilez said:

Well call me crazy but  I said if it holds 5 million daily .....this will only have a 20 - 25 % drop this weekend .... Sorta like Lego movie 

its spring break in most major metropolitan areas and parents will be taking their kids to a good reviewed movie 

lets see how it does today :) 

You're crazy

• Like 2

As has been said you CANNOT use Lego Movie as your comparison film - you need to use something like Horton or Lorax or even Meet the Robinsons all March films who benefit from a later Easter Holiday. I would say that HOME skews too young to make a great comparison.

Anything over 45m (-40%) is a great result and if it manages over 50m then its fantastic but don't set yourself up for disappointment with 60m+ predictions.

Caveat - not sure the % of schools out on friday for break, but if Thursday is up say over 10% from Wednesday the Friday increase WILL be muted no exception to that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Intergalactic Ping Pong said:

It's like Jaws... just lurking out of sight until you think it's safe to go in the water and then BAM... $200 million.

$200,007,007 to be exact.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Intergalactic Ping Pong said:

It's like Jaws... just lurking out of sight until you think it's safe to go in the water and then BAM... $200 million.

Seems more like Blood Beach, just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water, you can't get to it!

1 hour ago, Frozen said:

They stopped tracking Spectre....

Yeah, some numbers are so small... Sony tracked it daily to smaller than they usually do so it had a good run - it will pop back up on the weekend reports for a couple more weeks probably.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, narniadis said:

As has been said you CANNOT use Lego Movie as your comparison film - you need to use something like Horton or Lorax or even Meet the Robinsons all March films who benefit from a later Easter Holiday. I would say that HOME skews too young to make a great comparison.

Anything over 45m (-40%) is a great result and if it manages over 50m then its fantastic but don't set yourself up for disappointment with 60m+ predictions.

Caveat - not sure the % of schools out on friday for break, but if Thursday is up say over 10% from Wednesday the Friday increase WILL be muted no exception to that.

Here's how it's tracking so far compared to most major March animated films:

a29h94.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Murgatroyd said:

a29h94.jpg

I would remove the Original Ice Age and Robots since those films are more than 10 years old - Ice Age 2 was a march release in name only (3/31) and so it plays differently (and had Easter on it's 3rd weekend in late April.) Comparisons work fine if it's a logical fit :) Just my 2 cents

6 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

LEGO had a 424% Friday jump which was skewed by the Holiday but it was at $2,186,224  on Wed.

LEGO also had only a 17% Sunday drop due to 4-day weekend. Give it a 30% Sunday drop and it's 2nd weekend drop changes to ~32%.

If you give ZOOTP a 32% drop from the OW after removing 1.7m in previews, the drop from full OW including the previews becomes 33.5%.

IMO it will drop ~35% (to 48.75m) and that itself would be amazing.

Edited by a2knet

7 hours ago, Murgatroyd said:

a29h94.jpg

Awesome work!

Indeed, ya'll may just set yourself up to disappointment. 60million is just too good to happen. It might go down to 4 million this Wed and stay steady through Thursday. 2nd weekend may go 45-53 million which is more than great already.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Miggysmilez said:

I think it will do 60 million

most of the nation goes on spring break Thursday and it's the only movie for kids out there ......plus it's getting great reviews and word of mouth. I really don't think it will have a normal drop 

Some systems are on Spring break right now. My college is on break, and so are the local public schools.