MattW

Captain America: Civil War OS Thread - First Openings April 27th

Low end: $650m

If it does a decent 150m in china that would be 500 everywhere else which is an increase of 160m over winter soldier, the addition of Iron Man, Spiderman and Antman makes that seem pretty easy but still justifiable.

High end: $900m

If it does a strong 250m in china that would be 650 everywhere else which taking exchange rates into account would more or less be in between Iron Man 3 and Ultron.  That's high but not unreasonably so IMO.

My guess is around 750.

• Like 2

I dare say $950M.

Spidey, Panther and Antman basicly replacing Thor and Hulk in an avengeresque team movie make me think that it could pull off around AOU opening numbers in a lot of countries but with better legs here and there to compensate the lower opening numbers elsewhere.

So AOU numbers or something between TA and AOU numbers could be reached if the movie really deliver.

Edited by Ent
  • Like 1

ER is still horrible. but China could make up for ER drop since AOU.

BTW does spidey has a full role or a special appearance like Flash or Aquaman in Bvs(hearsy on flash/aquaman based on BOZ review). Bcos if they are marketing with SM and he is barely there then might not be the best idea.

Edited by keysersoze123
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

ER is still horrible. but China could make uptime for ER drop since AOU.

BTW does spidey has a full role or a special appearance like Flash or Aquaman in Bvs(hearsy on flash/aquaman based on BOZ review). Bcos if they are marketing with SM and he is barely there then might not be the best idea.

From what I've read, it's more then a cameo. He has a decent amount of screen time.

• Like 1

I looked at every thread all the way back to July of last year and said to myself, Hmm these are only supposed to be made 6 months before release, if there was a thread already surely it would have showed up between July and March.

June of last year, 11 months before release. Guess I was wrong.

Edited by IMojammer

1) Tentpole franchise film releases (Essentially sequels to proven films with strong OS BO performances) are allowed discussion threads up to 12 months in advance.  There should be no requirement to be any earlier for International Rollouts.

Also, it is easier searching through the archives instead of searching every page. ^^

• Like 1