Bishop54

Weekend Thread: Grimsby Bros leads the way with massive 3.1M, 10CL has decent 25.2M, Zootopia crumbles to $50M ;) P.31

33 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Good luck with that one. Probably just as good a chance as my Toby Kebbell (for DotPotA) support from a couple years ago.

Dude, Kebbell played a CGI character...two totally different things.

2 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

He was not even that good (neither bad), just serviceable/ok :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Yeah... But Goodman isn't getting nominated no matter how good he is in the movie. That was all I was trying to convey

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Yeah... But Goodman isn't getting nominated no matter how good he is in the movie. That was all I was trying to convey

Well, this is true. 

:jeb!:

:redcapes: 

28 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Please. Sylvester Stallone just got nominated.

Try telling that to someone a year ago.

2 minutes ago, Chaz said:

Please. Sylvester Stallone just got nominated.

Try telling that to someone a year ago.

Eh...He had Oscar buzz nearly immediately after Creed's release. Where's the buzz for Goodman?

Edited by Ethan Hunt

Eh...He had Oscar buzz nearly immediately after Creed's release. Where's the buzz for Goodman?

Why would there be Oscar buzz in the spring? 

All it takes is a campaign by the studio and his people during the late fall. It's not hard.

Edited by Chaz
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Chaz said:

Why would there be Oscar buzz in the spring? 

All it takes is a campaign by the studio and his people during the late fall. It's not hard.

I'd love to see Goodman finally receive an Oscar nomination (and he is truly terrifying in 10 Cloverfield Lane), but honestly, I sadly don't see it happening for this movie. This is a "genre" film from early in the year that won't receive any other nominations, and won't have box office/critical acclaim strong enough to ensure it'll be remembered. Basically, a lot of his competition from later on would have to falter for him to have a shot.