Olive

Presales Tracking Thread(Maoyan, Taopiaopiao etc)

3 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

age of extinction broke $1b largely thank to china, i hope chinese can take their responsibilities to bring down this billion giant this round 

At this point, TF5 doesnt even need to deliver meh numbers in China to miss $1BN. In fact, even if TF5 performs well in China (which the presales numbers suggest wont happen), it will still miss $1BN by a large margin. It's dropping too much at the rest of the world.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 4

90m was the final PS for TF5

DM3 is listed. Just a few hundred theaters. Lets see if it mirrors BatB and Kong run. About 22% daily increases after it rolls up. 

Minions opened on a Sunday at 116m. 436m total in mid September with an 8.9 rating. 

On 9/13/2015 at 4:40 PM, keysersoze123 said:

I think we need to temper expectations for all future releases. All this talk of KFP3 making 400-500m!!! need to stop.

After minions OD came in at 116m instead of a hopeful 200m. 

On 9/13/2015 at 5:19 PM, MinaTakla said:

I think we are all to blame, those of us who gave outrageous expectations.

If Minions doesn't reach 100m then neither IO will gross 85 million, and nor will Ice Age gross 150m! And neither will KFP3 earn 400 or 500 million either!

We should re-think all our expectations. If MI5 couldn't cross 150m, then all the above films will most likely not do crazy either, especially summer 2016 films after the blackout period which seems to be a doom period for the Chinese BO.

Still, Minions seems to have grossed a breaking record for animated films in China? So it's still an excellent number.

This was the beginning of the slow down for HLWD CBO.  We had thought both minions and MI5 would exceed 1B total

• Like 1

On 6/22/2017 at 9:49 AM, vc2002 said:

At this point, TF5 doesnt even need to deliver meh numbers in China to miss $1BN. In fact, even if TF5 performs well in China (which the presales numbers suggest wont happen), it will still miss $1BN by a large margin. It's dropping too much at the rest of the world.

Never mind 1b, TF5 could miss 750 ww even if it does 300 in China.

Something like, 135 dom + 300 Ch + 310 OS-Ch = 745 ww

DM3 continues to increase 40-50% daily up to 2.2m last night and heading to 3.2m today.  20m+ still looking good.

25m possible giving 100m OD and 400m OW. a chance

70-100m OD. 300-440m OW

Could beat Minions run in 3 days

Legend of Wu Kong with 500k in PS for thursday the 13th. First local hit in months

Edited by POTUS
  • Like 1

DM3 PS going up 53% today to 9.5m. That puts the floor at 25m, 30m+ possible.  

OD 85m to 125m

OW 340m to 500m

Tot 680m/$100m to 1000m/$147m

My prediction. PS 28, OD 110m, OW 450m. 900m/ $132m total.  Could be 1000m if the  rating is 9.0 or above.

• Like 3

DM3 will near 16m tonight up 66%. Will be up at least 75% on thursday, possibly 100%. 

28-32m final PS.

110-140m OD.  Friday multi will fall between 4 and 5 times.

FD bumped 100% in mid june. I think it goes up 66% on saturday. -20% sunday. -66% on monday. 

500m OW, 1b Total looking like a real possibility. Up to audience reception.

Friday 1am

PS final total 37m 

Edited by POTUS
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Planodisney said:

I don't get it.  I saw DM 3 with my kids and it's barely watchable.  

Is heavy marketing OS all that matters?

When your society is a mass of sheep, that's possible!

And it's not like the Transformers are decent movies. Yet...

On 6/14/2017 at 8:55 PM, firedeep said:

Also

Cars 3 7/14

Spidey, Apes, Dunkirk will get 8/18, 8/25, 9/1 respectively

I think that's good for Apes. Spidey should be more front-loaded than Apes and coming in the 2nd weekend of Spidey should not be a big problem.

Dunkirk follows it but should't affect it much due to the subject matter. Dawn did 100 but I will take 85+ for this one.