CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Also when's the last time tracking over-predicted a major blockbuster?

I mean, other than CJohn's official 300 m estimate for TFA:P

Remember when trades read that here and took it as real tracking and publish on their articles as "sources saying it could do 300M"?

Those were the days. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, incognitoo said:

This is wierd. To inform myself, I normally read two major german (online) magazines / blogs (spon - a left wing blog spawned from the german news magazine Der Spiegel - & Focus online - a right wing blog spawned from the geman news magazine Focus) and while they are claiming that security on major airports and main train stations has been tightened (which is kinda normal given the circumstances), there is not a single word to be found on going into high alert mode besides France & Belgium. O_o I guess I have to go and search for some additional sources to get some real information. Thanks.

Maybe it is not high alert, but I know every country raised their security measures. My parents went to Lisbon yesterday and told me the place was packed with police and securities. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Maybe it is not high alert, but I know every country raised their security measures. My parents went to Lisbon yesterday and told me the place was packed with police and securities. 

Ay. Now I understand. I simply took not into account that the term high alert isn't a universal standard, because what you and misafeco posted is kinda standard ops here after a terrorist assault in a neighboring country - raised security measures as you already said. I always equal the term high alert with armoured vehicles patrolizing, blockades, random identity checks, closed off areas, airports and stations - well, pretty much as it is in Belgium at the moment. My bad. Apologies for any confusion caused.

Edited by incognitoo
I'm sorry Tele, saw your post just afterwards this.

1 minute ago, incognitoo said:

Ay. Now I understand. I simply took not into account that the term high alert isn't a universal standard, because what you and misafeco posted is kinda standard ops here after a terrorist assault in a neighboring country - raised security measures as you already said. I always equal the term high alert with armoured vehicles patrolizing, blockades, random identity checks, closed off areas, airports and stations - well, pretty much as it is in Belgium at the moment. My bad. Apologies for any confusion caused.

Not happening here yet. But there are far more security measures being taken and the big crowd places are full of securities and police. Even the theater had a security last night and that is not normal at all. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So how much does BvS need to make OW to prove the "BvS is critic proof" theory?

Over 155 m?

I would say 180-200.

During Deadpool OW people were saying that 200 for BVS was a given. I would be disappointed with 155.

2 hours ago, Nova said:

Yes but Word of Mouth can be negative too and have the opposite affect of what you're saying. No one knows what the word of mouth for this movie is going to be until it actually comes out. 

That's true.  My point was more that the "word of mouth" will be more noticeable for a movie with a larger audience.  If that WOM is positive it will overwhelm the critics negative revew.  On the flip side, if critical review was high and word of mouth was terrible it would again overwhelm the professional critics.  Now if WOM matches the reviews or is split then the reviews hold more sway.  On most films where WOM is smaller (simply because fewer people will have seen the movie and be able to offer their opinions) and harder to notice, critic ratings might be the main source of information used in a decision to view a movie because you just don't know anyone who has seen it yet.

In other words, the scale of a movie can give WOM a greater and more immediate impact (Good or Bad) so big blockbuster events have to be looked at a little differently than the typical movie fare.  I'm not predicting what the WOM will actually be and even then its effect won't be felt immediately (especially if a movie already has a lot of presales or has already made a lot of people's weekend plans).

• Like 1

LOL, it's delayed one day in a few parts of Russia, it's not a nightmare for WB at all, it's going to do big, WB's going to be happy with the money and will maybe do some changes behind the scenes with the script or whatever to address some of the issues the critics are having. 

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

LMAO I saw the headline in the link and thought "Well that's a first. Do I get my refund?" LOL.

I thought it was in America as well at first lol.