CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

The biggest disappointment is they had all the money, resources and time to get it right and still delivered a incoherent mess.  This fucking thing started filming in 2013!!  It was done shooting in 2014 (except for standard re-shoots).  They had over a year in post production.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

Baumer is right and wrong.

This is not the Avengers so a 200 million was not to be expected.

However lets not pretend this is IM1 either... 

The tracking was 178m. Should have hit 175m. Not clamoring for 200m.

The attitude here seems to be that "if you are not happy with 165m, then fuck you, you are expecting 200m"

There's a big gap between those 2 numbers.

1 minute ago, nilephelan said:

The biggest disappointment is they had all the money, resources and time to get it right and still delivered a incoherent mess.  This fucking thing started filming in 2013!!  It was done shooting in 2014 (except for standard re-shoots).  They had over a year in post production.  

It really astounds me that Snyder learned nothing from Man of Steel's well-justified complaints. NOTHING. I left the theater feeling wobbly after being assaulted by sensory overload.

• Like 1

Just now, a2knet said:

The tracking was 178m. Should have hit 175m. Not clamoring for 200m.

The attitude here seems to be that "if you are not happy with 165m, then fuck you, you are expecting 200m"

There's a big gap between those 2 numbers.

The issue is legs. I think we will see how legs will be from overseas markets today. 

17 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Only 24 pages to wake up to? I am disappointed BOT. Anyways, my derby is fucked. Insane hold for Deadpool, Passion is honestly in play (I just woke up so don't quote me on that). Harsh drop for LHF. LOL ALLEGIANT.

Told you your calculations were off

"Give a retard a calculator and he'll try to use it as a remote control"

Love that movie.

Edited by No Prisoners

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It really astounds me that Snyder learned nothing from Man of Steel's well-justified complaints. NOTHING. I left the theater feeling wobbly after being assaulted by sensory overload.

in case you don't know they already said JL will be completely different more the DC's TA . This needed to happen for the set up of JL. And he did it perfectly

Edited by mredman

Just now, mredman said:

in case you don't know they already said JL will be completely different. This needed to happen for the set up of JL. And he did it perfectly

Don't care. I have no desire to see anymore of his version of Superman. I'm done here.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Correct.  You would have figured the one thing he would have taken away  from that is people were completely bored with the over the top CGI and mindless destruction of Metropolis, but then he turns around and basically creates a Frankenstein of a movie that has even more CGI mindless boring destruction.  

I honestly think he has no clue how to tell a coherent story.  This movie and MOS should have been 20 minutes shorter, saved about $100 million in budget and everyone would have been more satisfied.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baumer said:

As many have pointed out Friday was not a full holiday in the US.

Lets not pretend its not a boost either.

Its a solid gross but in terms of tickets, DC big answer to The Avengers will sell as many tickets as IM2 

Edited by Lordmandeep

I would love to have been there the first time Affleck watched this movie.  As a competent and talented director that knows how to tell a story in a coherent way, he had to be sitting there shaking his head at the mess he watched.  

Part of me wants Warner Bros. to beg him to direct Justice League, but that would take him away from making far more interesting movies like Live By Night that will end up being about 1,000x more interesting.  

• Like 1

I'll catch hell for this but...

Despite the fact that I'm going to defend BvS until I die, I will say that DC's best chance at making money fast (and catching up to Marvel) was to use Nolan's Batman (post TDKR) for this universe. Could it have put a nasty stain on the trilogy's legacy? Possibly. But the option was there to use Joseph Gordon Levitt's Batman if not a 'come out of retirement' Bale, especially since Batman wouldn't have retired in the first place.

I wouldn't have been opposed to Nolan's style on this film either. But, all the same, I'm glad we got Interstellar, which wouldn't have happened had Nolan went ahead with BvS.

• Like 1

Just now, nilephelan said:

I would love to have been there the first time Affleck watched this movie.  As a competent and talented director that knows how to tell a story in a coherent way, he had to be sitting there shaking his head at the mess he watched.  

Part of me wants Warner Bros. to beg him to direct Justice League, but that would take him away from making far more interesting movies like Live By Night that will end up being about 1,000x more interesting.  

I imagine it was like this  Sad Ben at 7.5 millions, this video is a breakout hit

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

You don't have to do all of that. Just look at his face at all the premieres. They're mostly blank and empty stares. He knows it's not the best film that could have been put out there because he understands the directing process. 

7 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Correct.  You would have figured the one thing he would have taken away  from that is people were completely bored with the over the top CGI and mindless destruction of Metropolis, but then he turns around and basically creates a Frankenstein of a movie that has even more CGI mindless boring destruction.  

I honestly think he has no clue how to tell a coherent story.  This movie and MOS should have been 20 minutes shorter, saved about $100 million in budget and everyone would have been more satisfied.  

I just blame Warner Bros. for hiring him in the first place since he's a talented filmmaker in his own way but not for something like this. I was skeptical when it was announced he was making a Superman movie, and 5+ years and 2 movies later, it turns out that instinct was the correct one. They never should've entrusted him with this whole gig from the get-go.