CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Do you guys feel there is a new for me to read the last 30 or 40 pages or whatever?

Any new numbers? Anything I should be aware that happened?

The new Jeff Nichols movie (his first of two this year) has stalled in limited release. Definitely one of the more curious dumps of the year so far.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nova said:

I just don't understand who is delusional enough to think that this won't cross 800M worldwide (besides iJack). It's going to make $$$$$$ internationally. The only question is how much is it going to make in the North America region. 

They're pretty sure every living human being on this planet is going to watch movies according to RT scores.

This movie breaking records around the globe, PERIOD.

I see all this talk about Easter holidays and only after that I realize that the orthodox Easter is on 1st of May, more than one month away. Also, why is the Good Friday stuff pushed as wordwide holiday. It is first and foremost a western holiday. And it is apparently a legal holiday in only 12 US states, so the report of people around here saying they had to work yesterday are true. I doubt Friday was as inflated as some of you think.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Do you guys feel there is a new for me to read the last 30 or 40 pages or whatever?

Nothing new. Just the same people calling everyone a hater who doesn't like the movie. 

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Well, Deadline made another update with a 81.3m number so that should be put in the title. But aside from it it is the same bs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, James said:

I see all this talk about Easter holidays and only after that I realize that the orthodox Easter is on 1st of May, more than one month away. Also, why is the Good Friday stuff pushed as wordwide holiday. It is first and foremost a western holiday. And it is apparently a legal holiday in only 12 US states, so the report of people around here saying they had to work yesterday are true. I doubt Friday was as inflated as some of you think.

The high number of matinees for this movie says otherwise. 

• Like 1

Just now, James said:

Just look at past Good Friday grosses and you'll see a pattern. Not everyone in the U.S. has off but most do.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Nothing new. Just the same people calling everyone a hater who doesn't like the movie. 

There's a big difference between not liking a movie and spending a whole day hating on it, trolling and wishing it fails.

• Like 1

I just woke up. Without even reading the last 60 pages, I may have an idea of the only topics discussed. 

- Disappointed numbers?

- No sellouts? 

- It's going to have weak legs? 

- Disney paying critics to bash movie? 

- Marvel vs DC? 

- Not crossing $800, $900 $1 billion worldwide.? 

That 'bout it? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, James said:

Fast 7 disagrees 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, VGPOP said:

I just woke up. Without even reading the last 60 pages, I may have an idea of the only topics discussed. 

- Disappointed numbers?

- No sellouts? 

- Marvel vs DC? 

That 'bout it? 

eEvv5gMTo1cGZvVin4ghEhu1i39oPWx8tsf6vBe1

• Like 2

- Disappointed numbers?

- No sellouts? 

- Marvel vs DC? 

That 'bout it? 

Don't forget

-Fire Zack Snyder

-Justice League will be delayed

• Like 4

- Disappointed numbers?

- No sellouts? 

- Marvel vs DC? 

That 'bout it? 

You forgot audience score. There were about ten pages maybe more where people were discussing the CinemaScore. 

• Like 3