CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

Just get Affleck to direct JL since he's already there with the cast and ready to go. Have him and Terrio work on the script. Although I would admit getting George Miller to direct would bring everything sorta full circle for him given that he was supposed to direct a JL movie in the past but it never panned out.

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Did it expanded this weekend? Either way it is bad, I was expecting a wide release sometime in April. Guess it won't even come out in theaters here. Shame. 

It opened last weekend in 5 theaters and saw no expansion this weekend, with its average plummeting big time. Clearly WB gave it the shaft to focus all of their efforts on Batman v Superman, but given that it was supposed to open in wide release on Thanksgiving originally, I'm guessing they didn't see much financial potential and so they elected to dump it with minimal marketing despite the strong reviews. So yeah, it definitely is a shame.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, James said:

Yeah, I am looking, and aside from Furious 7, a franchise very well known for being frontloaded, no other major movie opened there. Saying there is a pattern when you you have to compare is apple and oranges is just lazy. 

No DC Comic movie stayed Flat from Friday Day business on Satuday

Even TDK

9 minutes ago, #ED said:

4 new releases next weekend in China. It's going to lose more than 70% of its screens. Never had a chance.

If China loved it or really liked it then it would have, it has a ton of screens now and it's not behaving strongly.  Look at the craziness of Zootopia.  BvS already has a 6.8 rating on Douban and is predicted to have a muted rise on Saturday. 

2 minutes ago, VGPOP said:

I trust gitesh more. So it is $77-$78 million. 

$50 million in Fridays business. 

$160-$165 million weekend. A record. Let's see what its leg look like. 

I don't know. If it's $77-78 I have it at $155M. That's assuming it's front loaded of course. 

5 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Justice League shoots in 3 weeks, so they would have to show him the door now or delay shooting.  

Yeah.... it's not impossible for them to actually delay the Justice League.

Let's say it just about makes 800m worldwide, and with awful reviews, with the meh word of mouth, with the meh legs. It would be a disaster..... and Snyder have to be let go. There's no way WB could put a positive spin on this.

All assumptions at this point, but I suspect WB will checking the box office every day for the next 3 weeks pretty closely.

If it is 78 million Friday then unless Saturday stays near flat 160 million is in danger.

Not ragging it makes sense. 

Look at this

50 (flat)

37.5 -25%

However the chances of 50 million Saturday? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

If China loved it or really liked it then it would have, it has a ton of screens now and it's not behaving strongly.  Look at the craziness of Zootopia.  BvS already has a 6.8 rating on Douban and is predicted to have a muted rise on Saturday. 

Right but Zootopia didn't face 4 releases in 1 weekend. China takes away Hollywood screens all the time.

• Like 1