CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

This is going to shape for some epic flame wars here in the next days and weeks. 

Both side are getting victories. 

It beat goal 1.

80 million + on Good Friday was a must. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

How does he know and what constitutes a "big drop" Does he mean from Thur+Friday then of course it will be big.

And the fact they're using that CinemaScore as gospel is a bit weird.

Anyway, still hoping for strong holds for Saturday and Sunday so it does at least 170m.

1 minute ago, James said:

It will make over 170m on OW, 400M DOM and 1.1B WW (it's OS is looking huge at this point). Patiently waiting for people to say I'm wrong.

But on the list of good news, it looks like this will have one of the biggest OW's ever here (Romania). I don't have daily numbers, but I think Saturday will double Friday. It has double the number of showtimes at least and theaters are cramming shows everywhere for tonight. A lot of sellouts or near-sellouts even in the cities where usually the business is very slow and in Bucharest, where sellouts are rare because there are so many theaters, every show I've checked (at least 50) is close to selling out. 

For it to make $1.1B it needed some bigger numbers from China than what it's currently getting. 

2 minutes ago, James said:

It will make over 170m on OW, 400M DOM and 1.1B WW (it's OS is looking huge at this point). Patiently waiting for people to say I'm wrong.

But on the list of good news, it looks like this will have one of the biggest OW's ever here (Romania). I don't have daily numbers, but I think Saturday will double Friday. It has double the number of showtimes at least and theaters are cramming shows everywhere for tonight. A lot of sellouts or near-sellouts even in the cities where usually the business is very slow and in Bucharest, where sellouts are rare because there are so many theaters, every show I've checked (at least 50) is close to selling out. 

China is a big issue though 

I hope this comes in just under DH2. Will be too heartbreaking to see my baby fall to #7. Just needs a -7% drop on Saturday followed by -28% on Sunday! 

Edited by Lumos

11 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Only 4th biggest opening day ever? Jesus Christ, what a flop. Snyder should not only get fired, but also murdered for this disaster...

Yes, yes. This obviously the only appropriate reaction

Just now, #ED said:

There's about 4-5 Box Office Websites predicting HUGE  drops today and tomorrow because of the B CinemaScore.

We will see.

What kind of drops are we talking about here? 25% drops? 30% drops? 50% drops? :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

China and DC movies have a horrible history. This movie isn't changing that. It looks to barely gross 100M. It should still hit 1B, but anything more than that won't be happening.

• Like 1

Just now, Nova said:

For it to make $1.1B it needed some bigger numbers from China than what it's currently getting. 

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

It will make around 110m in China with the current prediction for OW (58-60M). So it needs around 590-600m OS-China, so basically what TDKR got. And this outopened TDKR (and AoU) big way pretty much everywhere or set all time OD records or SH OD records.