CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

This will easily cross $500m DOM. It doesn't get any bigger in cartoon-land than a movie with Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman as the three stars, uncluttered by anyone else.

Proof is that it isn't a very good film, far inferior to the three Bale Batman movies, and yet it will outgross DOM at least two of them, and WW all of them. 

Just now, SteveJaros said:

This will easily cross $500m DOM. It doesn't get any bigger in cartoon-land than a movie with Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman as the three stars, uncluttered by anyone else.

Proof is that it isn't a very good film, far inferior to the three Bale Batman movies, and yet it will outgross DOM at least two of them, and WW all of them. 

LOL it would need a x3 multiplier to get to $500M. NOPE.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

This has a good shot of not reaching $400m domestic, not sure why you think that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

It needs 2.4x for 400m.

F7 got 2.4x.

But that had smaller previews (~15.8 vs 27.7m).

So if it has the same multiplier from the true OW (OW minus Previews) as F7, BvS will end at ~382m.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Oh buddy... :sadben: 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

You get below some really weird stuff :ph34r: How does that work? :jeb!: 

Each to his own as I always say.

Fixed it for you.

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dingdong123 said:

But WDAS films have lots of co-directors? Frozen (Chris Buck, Jennifer Lee), Tangled (Byron Howard, Nathan Greno), Big Hero 6(Don Hall, Chris Williams) and Zootopia (Byron Howard, Rich Moore). How is that?

14 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Aha! Phil Lord & Chris Miller!  They come from Animation where it's more common, I wonder if that's a factor.

I believe animation is covered through IATSE Local 839 (the Animation Guild), not the DGA. (I know writing for animation is not covered by the WGA, and I think the same's true with the DGA, though I might be wrong.)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

He does come from the land down under :lol: 

He at least has something to go below. 

I am forever alone for 4 years and counting, doesn't seem that will change in a near future :sadben: 

10 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Easily cross 500M$ DOM?  Not sure they teach current multipliers at box office school. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

It's dumb though. No other superhero movie has opened on Good Friday, meaning the comparison is absolutely pointless.

It's impossible to compare apples to apples with any movies. The only way you could, is if they were release at the same time.

With that in mind, we need to do the best we can. I've looked through movies opening on Good Friday back to 1999. Only two movies come close to superhero movies. They aren't superheroes, but I would definitely consider them hero movies. G.I. Joe: Retaliation and Fast and Furious 7.

GI dropped about 62% from Friday to Sunday.

FF7 dropped about 51% from Friday to Sunday.

Both movies coincidentally have approximately the same multiplier of 2.4. This would put BvS at $398.4