CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Your last one was 154-159m OW and below 300m Dom with 1.9x. Which you said you stand by proudly. :lol: It's etched in mind unfortunately.

Probably because he likes repeat himself over and over to make sure everyone read his post. 

• Like 4

Mark Harris ‏@MarkHarrisNYC · 2h2 hours ago  
BvS will make a ton of money but you'd never know it from the 80% empty Manhattan theater I just walked into 10 mins before showtime.

:popcorn:

• Like 2

Should Batman v Superman follow the same Friday-Sunday performance as Age of Ultron it would result in an $84.7 million Friday, dropping to around $56.7 million on Saturday and $50.5 million on Sunday for a $191.9 million opening. If it follows the Dark Knight Rises path it would mean a $68.4 million Friday, $40.6m Saturday and $36.3m Sunday for a $145.4 million opening. A good bet would be to expect something in the middle, which would put a good target estimate right now around $166.2 million.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4170&p=.htm

5 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Perfect storm for future flame wars on this movie, this is going to be a long summer. 

Divided Audience Reaction

Critics Reactions

Solid Box Office Results.

I thought the talk about Man of Steel leading up to this movie was bad but boy the internet from this point till Justice League is going to be a sight to behold.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

While my original prediction was $165m ow, I still don't think it'll manage to cross $160m, and I'm actually hoping it won't even cross $150m. This thing don't deserve to make more than any Nolan's TDK films.

Really? I wouldn't have known. Please, continue on with this not-at-all-aggravating meritocracy kick you've been on. If you get mad enough, you'll pass out like a six-year-old and wake up in June.

• Like 3

From looking at matinees, sources say that BvS is pacing just under Avengers: Age Of Ultron ($84.4M opening day, $191.3M FSS), but we won’t know until tonight whether Zack Snyder’s latest will overtake the Joss Whedon sequel .

http://deadline.com/2016/03/batman-v-superman-opening-weekend-box-office-records-1201726300/

3 minutes ago, #ED said:

Should Batman v Superman follow the same Friday-Sunday performance as Age of Ultron it would result in an $84.7 million Friday, dropping to around $56.7 million on Saturday and $50.5 million on Sunday for a $191.9 million opening. If it follows the Dark Knight Rises path it would mean a $68.4 million Friday, $40.6m Saturday and $36.3m Sunday for a $145.4 million opening. A good bet would be to expect something in the middle, which would put a good target estimate right now around $166.2 million.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4170&p=.htm

I guess iJackSparrow's hope of sub $150M is still in play. God help us all. 

2ND UPDATE, noon: After beating all superhero Thursday night previews outside of The Dark Knight Rises, Warner BrosBatman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice is poised to outstrip the opening for The Hunger Games ($152.5M) to become the highest pre-summer debut of all time with $157M-$170M. Forget aboutFurious 7‘s records — BvS is set to take the best March and Easter opening, as well as best opening day prior to May, which rival industry estimates have between $76M-$80M. Imax, RealD, 4DX are all drivers for BvS biz.

http://deadline.com/2016/03/batman-v-superman-opening-weekend-box-office-records-1201726300/

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

I just got back from the store awhile ago and the theatre lot is 1/2 full at 4PM no less when school is off.. Either way, it really doesn't matter anymore.. It's going to make decent size box office and in a few weeks, it'll be forgotten..

You and The Futurist are too much with these half-full/empty theaters. 

Then again since Disney paid the critics. Warner Bros prob bought tickets. 

Edited by Nova