kayumanggi

Thursday Numbers: 4.50 M ZOOTOPIA

6 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

The Thursday before Easter is usually inflated, but BvS is more than likely cancelling out the positive effects, at least for adult films.

Which is why Deadpool's number is pretty impressive. It's in the same genre too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zackzack said:

Shouldn't people freak out because there is no BvS numbers?

Considering they just released the China Friday results first does strike me as odd. $20.3 million for that country which is the 6th highest. Was there an expectation for it to be higher there?

Whatever war of words Warner Bros.’ Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice lost with critics with a 30% Rotten Tomatoes score, it’s making up for four-fold at the box office. Last night,  Zack Snyder’s Dark Knight and Son of Jor’El smackdown had a great Thursday at the B.O. reaping $27.7M. That blows away Universal’s Furious 7’s $15.7M preview from a year ago, which repped 23% of its opening Good Friday figure of $67.4M. That number was the best pre-summer opening day before turning into the best April and Easter opening of all-time with $147.2M. Despite BvS’ reviews, weekend projections continue to be in the $160M+ range. Some believed that if the reviews had hit 60% rotten, that the pic’s FSS would surge to $175M. Maybe. Typically such superhero pics are critic-proof (Man of Steel‘s 56% rotten wasn’t impeded by any negative ink posting a $116.6M opening).

http://deadline.com/2016/03/batman-v-superman-opening-weekend-box-office-records-1201726300/

Edited by abra
  • Like 1

Zoo is following pretty close to what I predicted in the Tuesday thread it's a tad higher 4.5 compared with my predicted 4.3 

Today should see around 10.5-11m for Zoo 

recapping my prediction:

friday 10.78

saturday 9.16

sunday 6.0

25.94 weekend give or take

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Last Easter w/e Home did $4.5m Thur for a $27m w/e against FF7

Yup - I can see zoo going as high as 28m depending on how well Friday goes up. I patterned my prediction off of Home to a point.

and @cannastop please remember if this was not Easter week the week to week holds would be much different. Not denying its great for it to be flat Thursday to Thursday but yesterday was not a normal Thursday and any kids film would have had the same result or close to it. Zoo is benefiting from its release timeframe coupled with great word of mouth. 

8 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Yup - I can see zoo going as high as 28m depending on how well Friday goes up. I patterned my prediction off of Home to a point.

and @cannastop please remember if this was not Easter week the week to week holds would be much different. Not denying its great for it to be flat Thursday to Thursday but yesterday was not a normal Thursday and any kids film would have had the same result or close to it. Zoo is benefiting from its release timeframe coupled with great word of mouth. 

You've been saying that it's not been a normal weekday for three weeks now. C'mon.

I do anticipate a big drop on Monday, though.