kayumanggi

Monday Numbers: 15.05 M BVS | About a 55% drop, better than F7 Easter Monday. EPIC CJohn meltdown starts Page 18.

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

I can go at length where the film fails, and make a devil's advocate case for the screenplay in the spoilers thread, but work killed me today. I might do that later or some time this week. My point is that a lot of the problems the film has to me is to be able to get the screenplay they had and translate it to the big screen. I wish we could get our hands in the screenplay to actually have a more precise understanding of that though.

They had problems translating the screenplay they had into the big screen because the screenplay they had wasn't good.

7 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I'm being honest. Having seen the film, I don't consider that trailer to have any major spoilers.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN.

THERE IS A SPACESHIP AND A GIANT CRAZY ALIEN IN THAT TRAILER. I HAD NO IDEA THIS THING HAD A GIANT CRAZY ALIEN OR A SPACE SHIP!!!!

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

WHAT DO YOU MEAN.

THERE IS A SPACESHIP AND A GIANT CRAZY ALIEN IN THAT TRAILER. I HAD NO IDEA THIS THING HAD A GIANT CRAZY ALIEN OR A SPACE SHIP!!!!

#spoiledkinda

Still...worth a watch, it's a terrific flick.

• Community Manager
6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

WHAT DO YOU MEAN.

Neither of which are that terribly important to most of the film. You could easily cut them out. :)

First chance I'm getting to look at the numbers, so apologies if what I'm about to say has already been mentioned. Initially I was thinking $15M was a pretty good number, but now I'm less sure. Everything in general seems to have held better than when F7 opened: Zootopia's 20% hold vs Home's 24% despite a stronger Sunday, Allegiant's 42% hold vs Insurgent's 45%, Deadpool's 50% vs Kingsman's 57% (Deadpool did have a worse Sunday though), Miracles 51% vs Do You Believe's 60%, etc. And F7 had a better hold than a few films in the top 12, while BvS had the worst hold in the top 12. We'll see how the rest of the week goes, but I won't be counting on more than a 110% increase on Friday for it.

Hot damn, that trailer made me feel a lot worse than the general insanity and stupid dumb shit being said and done here in the past week because of BvS.

I feel absolutely devastated. 

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Hot damn, that trailer made me feel a lot worse than the general insanity and stupid dumb shit being said and done here in the past week because of BvS.

I feel absolutely devastated. 

It's ok, I got Han's death spoiled and a certain something from BVS spoiled hours before I saw the movie.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
Just now, WrathOfHan said:

It's ok, I got Han's death spoiled and a certain something from BVS spoiled hours before I saw the movie.

Except those are actually important spoilers.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I actually got away clean probably because I saw those movies asap. Both on Wednesday night. 

But that is insane. It is actually worse than getting Solo or specially the BvS spoiler IN YO FACE. :sadben: 

Just now, CJohn said:

I actually got away clean probably because I saw those movies asap. Both on Wednesday night. 

But that is insane. It is actually worse than getting Solo or specially the BvS spoiler IN YO FACE. :sadben: 

I also got Coulson's death and Loki becoming king spoiled. So yah. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Except those are actually important spoilers.

WAT :sadben: 

Spoiler

If you haven't seen BvS or 10CL don't read it, contains spoilers of how both movies end. 

Spoiler

How is Superman's death, something that will be clearly corrected because he is in JL, worse than the 10CL ending spoilers? In the end of the trailer THE FUCKING SHIP IS PULLING THE CAR WITH IT. THAT IS PROBABLY HOW THE MOVIE ENDS. 

I really don't understand how people in here view success at the box office for a movie.

It appears the only way they can be convinced the movie is a success or will have great legs or will cross $1 billion or whatever number they deemed "sucess" is.. 

- Movie has to have an outstanding number in a non-holiday day where nowhere on Earth people celebrate anything, all adults need to report to work and 100% of all schools, middle school, high school, college, technical school, and whatever the heck you want to add are in session. The movie has to sell more tickets than whatever movie they want to compare, no exceptions. The dollar amount is irrelevant. It needs to be in the same amount or less theaters and screens than whatever movie they are comparing. 

When movie meets all that criteria, then they consider the movie is doing better than expected. 

Even after that, they are still not satisfied. 

When will this end.? 

Edited by VGPOP
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Welp, now I'm spoiled. :unsure:

I am so sorry :sadben:I forgot the spoiler tags. I am in a deep meltdown. Like, seriously. My life is ruined :sadben: 

• Like 2