WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

11 minutes ago, Rth said:

wishful thinking 

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

If Snyder directs or helps with "ideas" to ANY DCCU film ever again, let alone direct Justice League OR  even Ambush fucking Bug, I'm boycotting WB films for life. Or you learn this time or you are definitely getting bought out. Fix this bullshit.

Just now, iJackSparrow said:

If Snyder directs or helps with "ideas" to ANY DCCU film ever again, let alone direct Justice League OR  even Ambush fucking Bug, I'm boycotting WB films for life. Or you learn this time or you are definitely getting bought out. Fix this bullshit.

Then get ready to never watch a WB again.

Snyder is directing JL. The wheels are in motion.

• Like 2

The Walking Dead finale has been hyped up to be the most anticipated episode of TV in a long time. An event fans have been waiting years to see is finally upon us. It's 93 minutes and that's Sunday night.

That along with Wrestlemania definitely will not help this movie this weekend.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

Always said based on past data that there is a strong correlation RT ratings and legs, especially with cbm

opening above $150m.

TDK, TA, TDKR, AOU, IM3 and then Spiderman3 legs are all ranked on par with their ratings which also correlate the general audience rating.

That said i thought that BvS will be the first movie going against the trend but it may end up the last one movie on that list when it comes to legs, just on par with its own critical rating.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Hatebox said:

Dude if these numbers hold, I'm not so sure about that. It wouldn't be the first time WB pulled the plug at the last minute.

Remember it's not just in the US this is failing it's WW. They are going to lose a lot of money. It would be stupid to continue but hey who knows....

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

Dude if these numbers hold, I'm not so sure about that. It wouldn't be the first time WB pulled the plug at the last minute.

Principle photography starts in 9 days. 'Wishful thinking.'

:sadben:

Just now, Hatebox said:

Then get ready to never watch a WB again.

Yeah, he repeated once again in an Empire interview like two days ago they were starting on the 11th, he was never going to be removed because WB likes him and clearly trusts him. If the 15 million number stays, it's disappointing for sure, hopefully it recovers on Saturday and does btw low and mid 50s. I know so many of you are blinded by hate, but there are a lot of people who like the film, the critics just did the job they were supposed to do, the audience seems mixed on it (depending on the territories), the well has been poisoned. Don't think I've ever seen so much hate, bad publicity and negativity about a film before, and it deserves none of those things. 

Oh well, finish btw 900 and 950 M WW, I guess WB will have to make JL lighter as Terrio said it would be, I hope they still maintain that edge and DC feel and don't sanitize it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KATCH-2D2 said:

I still want to see JL movie with the same casts though so where should I go from here? I don't trust him to do my character justice so I don't give a damn if he has to go but my dream of seeing JL on the big screen is on the line as well.

Show your rage. If you don't like it don't accept it for fear that they are going to stop the DCCU: they WON'T. But the DCCU will die if they keep going with Snyder. This is literally fucking worse than Batman & Robin because it hurts a cinematic universe in the making. Warner needs to fix this insanity and the only cure for it is dropping the fuck out of the Snyders, just make him step down for creative differences so he can do his films. They just don't work well with DC characters and they never will. The critics AND the public are speaking, it's time for them AND people here stop giving them deaf ears.

Comparing with Godzilla with all due respect to Water Bottle is fucking non-sense. This is tanking like a fucking rock and it's crystal clear that the vision of the director is wrong for the characters, it's not really about tone but how to make them. If Warner doesn't learn from this, I really don't know what to say. I'd rather see the sequel to Schumacher's Batman & Robin than Snyder coming anywhere close these characters ever again. And so does the public, so enough with the sugar coating.

4 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Remember it's not just in the US this is failing it's WW. They are going to lose a lot of money. It would be stupid to continue but hey who knows....

Worldwide? I thought it's doing very well in South America? And in the key Asian countries it's not so hot (very bad actually) but isn't it doing relatively well in Europe?

1 minute ago, Sam said:

Worldwide? I thought it's doing very well in South America? And in the key Asian countries it's not so hot (very bad actually) but isn't it doing relatively well in Europe?

It's crumbling everywhere. South America may be less worse but the exchange rate with the dollar is terrible. China is screwed and so are literally all the other big markets. At this point even $900m might be a pipe dream. It's looking awful, and yet people will sugar coat it against any sort of rhyme or reason.

• Like 1

Really, using JL Mortal as an example? WB had no DCEU at the time, the Australian tax fiasco sunk the ship. This ain't it, the DCEU is launched. 

And no, they are not going to lose a LOT of money, this is such BS, even if it doesn't do a billion WW, they'll still end up making dough. WOM seems to vary depending on territories, like it's great in Mexico, good in other South America territories, terribad in Asia, not great in Germany, etc, different cultures I guess.

Seriously, the hyperbole on here is insane. 

• Like 1