WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Someone posted a comic book cover with a 16 on it and you said that...or maybe that was Tele...it possibly was Tele. If it was my bad lol 

It may have been me. Absolutely possible. Not even iJack was expecting a 15M Friday. He had it around 17M. 

Just now, CJohn said:

It may have been me. Absolutely possible. Not even iJack was expecting a 15M Friday. He had it around 17M. 

Bishop posted it. Bishop was going around at the time talking about it crumbling on the West Coast and that $16M Friday was happening. Guess they were right lol :lol:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

At least DH2 had summer weekdays.

Yeah. previews + ow + weekdays + 2nd weekend :

DH2 : 44.5 + 125 + 57 + 47  = 273.5 10 day.

BVS : 27.7 + 138.3 + 43 + 47-51 = 256-260 10 day.

Post-Easter second Friday increases:

Clash of the Titans - 105% (68% Friday-to-Friday drop)

G.I Joe Retaliation - 112.6% (58% Friday-to-Friday drop)

Furious 7 - 129.2% (72% Friday-to-Friday drop)

Batman V Superman - ~95% (~81.5% Friday-to-Friday drop)

Call me optimistic, but somehow I still think 1 billion worldwide is possible.

Why boxofficemojo didn't update Thursday's overseas grosses? It's still at 538 million worldwide, but deadline reports 16 million from overseas markets.

So, it has to be at 554 million now.  If we add these 15 million from Friday's domestic grosses, we would have 569 million worldwide.

If BVS manages to get at least 700 million or more worldwide, by the end of this weekend, I think 1 billion might happen. If not, it'll be close.

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

Bishop posted it. Bishop was going around at the time talking about it crumbling on the West Coast and that $16M Friday was happening. Guess they were right lol :lol:

I was so confident of it I predicted it from the opposite coast. :jeb!:

• Like 1

Just now, CJohn said:

Blame the deleted posts.

Oh I know, wouldn't be a weekend numbers thread if y'all didn't have to clean some poo off the carpet

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Why boxofficemojo didn't update Thursday's overseas grosses? It's still at 538 million worldwide, but deadline reports 16 million from overseas markets.

So, it has to be at 554 million now.  If we add these 15 million from Friday's domestic grosses, we would have 569 million worldwide.

If BVS manages to get at least 700 million or more worldwide, by the end of this weekend, I think 1 billion might happen. If not, it'll be close.

It's not getting to $700M this weekend. It's at $554M and let's say it makes $55M this weekend in the states that puts it at $610M so it needs $90M from other countries and if you've been following those threads it hasn't been doing too well in a lot of Asian and European markets as of late. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

1B is dead, it should finish around 900M if it gets some late legs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zackzack said:

DC may get a jump on Marvel in 2016 but Marvel got a jump on DC waaaaay back in 2008 with Iron Man 1.

People are either sick of the relentless darkness (and those rain!!!) of Snyder's vision or Marvel seems to

able to capture GA imagination when it comes to Extended Universe the way Apple did with smartphone business & apps/music. 

Look at the rest of the iPhone competition: Nokia, dead. Motorola, bought by the Chinese. Blackberry, on life support.

HTC, panicking everyday now.  People tend to shy away from folks who adopt the "me too" attitude.

The first, the pioneers, the crazy ones, and they are winning....unless CA: CW continues with GA's distaste of superheroes, call it fatigue.

Maybe it is just this guy:

bvs-dawn-of-justice-trailer-reveals-doom

Not always the case, but good examples. On the other hand though Facebook surpassed and destroyed Myspace, and Playstation and Xbox are at the top now instead of pioneers Nintendo and Sega. 

• Like 1