WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

9 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The last 20 minutes are unbelievable. People have to see them to believe it is actually a real thing that exists... in a movie with a 190M budget!

Yeah, I did think the third act of that movie was unbearably heavy-handed and annoying, not to mention extremely creepy and uncomfortable (seriously, was Clooney actually having sexual tension w/the robot girl?), but like I said, that doesn't derail the fact that the movie still has merits - CGI was good, Clooney and Britt were good, the little girl was an ass kicker... I thought it wasn't bad. And again - MI: Ghost Protocol, and his animations (Incredibles, Iron Giant, Ratatouille) prove that he's talented, he's a good director and I think he should get a shot a redemption. So many other directors have done misfires in the past. Even our God Mr. David Fincher directed Alien 3.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yeah, I did think the third act of that movie was unbearably heavy-handed and annoying, not to mention extremely creepy and uncomfortable (seriously, was Clooney actually having sexual tension w/the robot girl?), but like I said, that doesn't derail the fact that the movie still has merits - CGI was good, Clooney and Britt were good, the little girl was an ass kicker... I thought it wasn't bad. And again - MI: Ghost Protocol, and his animations (Incredibles, Iron Giant, Ratatouille) prove that he's talented, he's a good director and I think he should get a shot a redemption. So many other directors have done misfires in the past. Even our God Mr. David Fincher directed Alien 3.

:lol::rofl:

Edited by a2knet

Just now, department store basement said:

If I had to choose my JL director I'd still pick Jaume-Collet Serra. It helps that all but 2 of the films he's done are for WB, and all of those but Run All Night did reasonably well.

Run All Night is pretty good, tho. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

Iron Giant is one of the best animated movies I've ever seen, the whole "what if a gun had a heart?" concept was executed so well. Gets me emotional every time I hit the ending.

One of the great joys of being a movie fan is seeing something you have little or no expectations about and being blown away. I don't even remember why I originally saw IRON GIANT (not a big animation fan, Brad Bird was a no-name) -- maybe I read some good review of it or something. But damn, what a great, great movie.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Snyder is not ill, he looked fine in his latest interviews. I have no doubt this is all very taxing, but I'm sure he'll do JL Part 1, and won't be back for Part 2 unless Part 1 gets a great reception. 

About holding on to JL, that would never realistically happen in a million years. The only thing they can do is just do what they're planning to do with JL, do some rewrites to inject more fun, but I'd argue that Terrio said the truth when he said JL is going to be much lighter anyway, just by virtue of having characters like The Flash and generally that renewed sense of hope in Bruce, so yeah more fun (for those who felt it lacked fun), more levity.

I love what Zack is doing but I'm not against those things as long as it maintains its identity, just need to reach the right balance, but Deb Snyder said that they're encouraging different tones for the different DC films, she mentioned Suicide Squad has an amazing, fun, brash tone, completely different from what The Flash will be, or WW, etc. 

Justice League will never get good reception

I would pick Cuaron for JL1 and Inarritu for JL2. That way both could compete for the longest shot ever in the ensemble fight sequences.

Edited by a2knet

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

One of the great joys of being a movie fan is seeing something you have little or no expectations about and being blown away. I don't even remember why I originally saw IRON GIANT (not a big animation fan, Brad Bird was a no-name) -- maybe I read some good review of it or something. But damn, what a great, great movie.

BB is way too talented (& busy with Incredibles 2 I imagine) to get involved with JL, but hey... I'm sure Kevin Smith is free. Just as long as Jay & Silent Bob get their cameo. 

For those who really want Snyder out of JL, there's a precedent.

Saw 7 ( 3D ) had David Hackl as director. Then, 2 weeks before filming, he was fired and Kevin Greutert ( Saw 6 director ) was forced to direct it. The production company Twisted Pictures exercised a "contractual clause" in his contract. Yes, the movie didn't get a delay and it was filmed as planned, even though the director was angry as hell ( I remember talking to him on HOJ ). He was set to direct Paranormal Activity 2, but then was forced to come back and direct Saw 3D instead.

So, while it's not common, it's possible. 

26 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Brad Bird? No. Just no. Please no. Nope. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Hide contents

TOMORROWLAND

It has a better chance DOM than WW at this point tbh :lol: 

Scrolling through that reminds me of an old Bond movie :lol: 

• Like 1