kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 23.48 M THE BOSS | 23.44 M BVS: DOJ | 14.35 M ZOOTOPIA | 5.10 M HARDCORE HENRY

Zootopia currently is tracking to $940M WW without help of Japan, 50-70M more than BVS which has opened in all markets.

In China, a market where superheroes are way more popular than animated movies, Zootopia will make 2.5X BVS.

Superb performance for an original animated movie.

• Like 9

Just now, Olive said:

Zootopia currently is tracking to $940M WW without help of Japan, 50-70M more than BVS which has opened in all markets.

In China, a market where superheroes are way more popular than animated movies, Zootopia will make 2.5X BVS.

Superb performance for an original animated movie.

Isn't Zootopia slaying every superhero movie released there? Maybe it will end below only Ultron?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, department store basement said:

"Tries to"? The Boss already fired them.

It's unsure about what the actuals are. That's happened with films before(Talladega Nights/Snakes On A Plane, Gnomeo & Juliet/Hall Pass, The Last Exorcism/Takers, Up/The Hangover, House At The End Of The Street/End Of Watch, Nightcrawler/Ouija, Jurassic World/Inside Out) 

14 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Isn't Zootopia slaying every superhero movie released there? Maybe it will end below only Ultron?

It has already beat Ultron as the biggest Disney movie in China, and 3rd biggest Hollywood movie only behind Fast 7 AND TF4.

And BVS won't even match Ant-man here.:ph34r:

27 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I think, it has topped Ultron in local currencies but Ultron made more so far in dollars because of the better exchange rate.

4 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Jungle Book will be way bigger than Oblivion was though.

Duh. Of course but Jungle Book is just our monthly savior besides two holdovers(BVS, and Zootopia). Oblivion had a terrible release date anyway. 

2 hours ago, SteveJaros said:

As a big fan of the Marvel universe that Disney has put together I hope you are correct. But I think that Ultron did more damage than people think. IMO a lot of those positive ratings were a halo effect from the first Avengers film and later films like TWS and IM3, all of which were well-received. People, even critics, said they liked Ultron more than they did because they expected to like it, and then felt like they had to say they liked it because the thought everyone else would too, a social desirability bias.

I do fear that Ultron has damaged the Marvel/Disney brand somewhat with respect to the core characters that appeared in it and I fear that will be reflected in this new CA film grosses. We shall see. 

You're over-thinking it. If people didn't like it THAT much it would've gotten even worse than a 2.4 multi. 

People forget that reviews were actually pretty good for it too. It's not a bad movie. It's just not as good as the first one. 

21 hours ago, GiantCALBears said:

WB has been making CBMs for a while, GL was a bump in the road not much more.

That bump is starting to look pretty big to me with GL, MoS, and BvS.   And looking at their history, there is a ton of cheese there.   They seem to blow it a lot more than they succeed.   That Kevin Smith video where he describes what WB is like with regard to making DC movies doesn't inspire confidence either.    Certainly makes Nolan look even better in retrospect.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, CJohn said:

quiet this thread is only for BvS trash talking no matter how the other superhero movies did ;)

11 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

That bump is starting to look pretty big to me with GL, MoS, and BvS.   And looking at their history, there is a ton of cheese there.   They seem to blow it a lot more than they succeed.   That Kevin Smith video where he describes what WB is like with regard to making DC movies doesn't inspire confidence either.    Certainly makes Nolan look even better in retrospect.

MoS and BvS is noway failures at all. Wow some of the posts here :wacko:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mredman said:

MoS and BvS is noway failures at all. Wow some of the posts here :wacko:

I suppose they are ok if that's the kind of movies you want about your favorite characters.    But as a GL and Supes fan, I'm not very happy.    Exactly how I was not happy with Sony with what they did to Spider-Man (made lots of money though) and how Fox made X-men into "Woverine and Friends".

edit:  Oh...and I'm still not happy with Marvel and how the Hulk has been made into a non-character with no personality or motivations.

Edited by Harpospoke