kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 23.48 M THE BOSS | 23.44 M BVS: DOJ | 14.35 M ZOOTOPIA | 5.10 M HARDCORE HENRY

2 minutes ago, mredman said:

looking at those its not that bad at all. BvS is also not a summer movie. This thread is just pathetic though with all this biased hate towards the movie. its doing quite fine for such a pretty dark movie. JL will be more "fun" its already confirmed so it will have way better repeat views

Given that BvS isn't a summer movie, it should theoretically have better weekends than most of that list. The fact that the weekend will likely be on par with MoS's 3rd weekend is a disaster. 

• Like 14

17 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

These four are the only ones left with draw power:

Will Ferrell

Leo

The Rock

Melissa McCarthy

Mark Wahlberg is close to that list. Passengers will test Pratt's ability (Lawrence couldn't save Joy). Matt Damon is making a bit of a comeback, The Great Wall will be interesting to see play out next year.

Will and Missy can't draw overseas

3 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Given that BvS isn't a summer movie, it should theoretically have better weekends than most of that list. The fact that the weekend will likely be on par with MoS's 3rd weekend is a disaster. 

its also a darker movie than MoS. It might be the most dark superhero movie after Watchmen. Think about that

2 minutes ago, Focus said:

Is it possible BvS is the peak for DCEU films in terms of gross? Since Snyder is still directing JL I expect another divisive film.

Its possible. I suspect that Suicide Squad might out gross it later this year though

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Focus said:

Is it possible BvS is the peak for DCEU films in terms of gross? Since Snyder is still directing JL I expect another divisive film.

you are aware tht JL is the DCs Avengers right. All these heroes together for the first time having onscreen chemestry and fighting a big DC villain and it will be more fun so it will be a whole different tone than BvS. Which will result in more repeat viewings.

So it had the worst drop possible last weekend and now you guys thought it would have a decent drop this week? Doesn't work that way. This isn't surprising at all. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, mredman said:

its also a darker movie than MoS. It might be the most dark superhero movie after Watchmen. Think about that

I mean I hate to bring it up but, The Dark Knight trilogy. Especially the second one. Pretty dark movie, opened under BvS, yet will finish with 200M+ more.

That's the thing with this. I'm not a DC hater. I'm a movie lover, and whoever brings me good movies I'm on their side. BvS wasn't horrible and I enjoyed it, and I'm cheering for SS in August. But at the same time I'm also cheering for CW and Dr. Strange just as much. Does that make me a DC hater?

• Like 6

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Its possible. I suspect that Suicide Squad might out gross it later this year though

I'm hopeful Suicide Squad has a better reception. Pretty sure it'll have better legs.

Just now, mredman said:

you are aware tht JL is the DCs Avengers right. All these heroes together for the first time having onscreen chemestry and fighting a big DC villain and it will be more fun so it will be a whole different tone than BvS. Which will result in more repeat viewings.

Not with Snyder at the helm.

4 minutes ago, #ED said:

So it had the worst drop possible last weekend and now you guys thought it would have a decent drop this week? Doesn't work that way. This isn't surprising at all. 

Exactly. It didn't stabilize last weekend and it wasn't going to stabilize this weekend. The writing was all on the wall. 

2 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Someone brought of edge of tomorrow, I freaking love that movie. I've been watching it repeatedly on HBO. So creative and original.

The sequel talk is a tiny bit disappointing. It works just fine as its own film. No need for more

8 minutes ago, mredman said:

5ojUq4T.gif 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Someone brought of edge of tomorrow, I freaking love that movie. I've been watching it repeatedly on HBO. So creative and original.

I'm excited for both Edge of Tomorrow and Jack Reacher's sequels. Say what you will about Tom Cruise (psycho, closeted, Scientologist) but the guy has consistently delivered quality movies since Risky Business. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The sequel talk is a tiny bit disappointing. It works just fine as its own film. No need for more

Same with superman 78, batman  89, spidey 02. 

But a dozen sequel/reboot/prequels is the wtg apparently.

20 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I mean I hate to bring it up but, The Dark Knight trilogy. Especially the second one. Pretty dark movie, opened under BvS, yet will finish with 200M+ more.

That's the thing with this. I'm not a DC hater. I'm a movie lover, and whoever brings me good movies I'm on their side. BvS wasn't horrible and I enjoyed it, and I'm cheering for SS in August. But at the same time I'm also cheering for CW and Dr. Strange just as much. Does that make me a DC hater?

I dont recall

Spoiler

Batman dying in any of those

:rolleyes: so yeah BvS is way darker

18 minutes ago, Focus said:

I'm hopeful Suicide Squad has a better reception. Pretty sure it'll have better legs.

Not with Snyder at the helm.

6 minutes ago, Focus said:

Snyder is perfectly capable of making a "fun" superhero movie also. Terio said BvS is Empire strikes back in tone and JL is Return of the jedi