kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 23.48 M THE BOSS | 23.44 M BVS: DOJ | 14.35 M ZOOTOPIA | 5.10 M HARDCORE HENRY

Just now, nilephelan said:

Stop it people.  BvS had terrible reviews and terrible WOM.  It is about to pull a less than 2.0 multiplier.  

You can't sit there and say it had good WOM when it had still a large opening.  If it really had good 7/10 WOM like is being touted, with a $166m opening weekend it had more than enough people to go spread the word.  They didn't and the movie has fallen apart.  

Just beczauee you say it doesn't make it true 

simple question:

does the user reviews on box office theory, IMDb , rottentomatoes, metacritic  run counter to audience reviews ?

• Like 2

Last weekend BVS had an 85.3m OS weekend off of a 19.2m Friday.

Using the same multiplier 7.6m Friday will translate to a 33.76m weekend. Say 34m.

So dom will be ~295m and OS will be ~489.5 for a ww cume of 784.5m.

That's ~115m from 900m.

Will add 25-30m more dom. So needs 85-90m more OS after this weekend of 34m to touch 900m.

Looks impossible imo. 860-870m ww.

2 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Stop it people.  BvS had terrible reviews and terrible WOM.  It is about to pull a less than 2.0 multiplier.  

You can't sit there and say it had good WOM when it had still a large opening.  If it really had good 7/10 WOM like is being touted, with a $166m opening weekend it had more than enough people to go spread the word.  They didn't and the movie has fallen apart.  

You are also a person that did not like it. So why should you say any different. BvS is a dark movie hell freakin

Spoiler

Superman dies in it there were people bawling in the theaters at his funerals

5 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

Here on Box of Theory user reviews 

50% rated is A or B 

25% rated it C

20% rated it D

5% rated it F

Does the word of mouth here run in contrast with mainstream ?

So 50% of users either didn't like it or were indifferent to it. That means 50% of users liked it or loved it. 50% is 5 out of 10. That's less than the 7 out of 10 you've been talking about. 

1 minute ago, hasanahmad said:

simple question:

does the user reviews on box office theory, IMDb , rottentomatoes, metacritic  run counter to audience reviews ?

The multiplier will end up at 2x max. That shows the reception of the movie more than the websites you mention.

15 minutes ago, Gamb1993 said:

According to denofgeek they're off it, they wrote the treatment but now they're doing Han Solo so the writing and directing will solely go to Seth Grahame-Smith.

I see. Thanks.

Just now, Nova said:

So 50% of users either didn't like it or were indifferent to it. That means 50% of users liked it or loved it. 50% is 5 out of 10. That's less than the 7 out of 10 you've been talking about. 

Wow at the spin

do all C means they disliked it , some cannot think it's OK ? Which is not disliking it 

5 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

Here on Box of Theory user reviews 

50% rated is A or B 

25% rated it C

20% rated it D

5% rated it F

Does the word of mouth here run in contrast with mainstream ?

That is terrible by this site's standard, you really going to pretend that exists in a vacuum?

I mean, of course you are, but still

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

The multiplier will end up at 2x max. That shows the reception of the movie more than the websites you mention.

Simple yes or no. Does the audience reaction run counter to all those ratings or do you think it could be due to critic reviews 

4 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

simple question:

I mean the movie had 10,000+ 10s on IMDb before the film even came out so are we really using that right now? The audience speaks with its money and so far the audience has spoken...it didn't like the film. A movie that people liked will have very good legs because people will watch it again and again and again and again. BvS has terrible legs because very few people are watching it again and those who have watched it are talking about it to their friends and obviously telling them not to go see it. I don't see why this concept is very hard to understand for some. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

That is terrible by this site's standard, you really going to pretend that exists in a vacuum?

I mean, of course you are, but still

You can spin it all you like , for example considering that you think C means they disliked it rather than thought it was ok 

1 minute ago, hasanahmad said:

Simple yes or no. Does the audience reaction run counter to all those ratings or do you think it could be due to critic reviews 

Do you think a horrible multiplier points to bad reception? yes or no

3 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

You can manufacture lies all you want but it doesn't make it true. Are you ignoring that 25% disliked it ?

Those are the ones who most need to see the extended version the most. 

7 minutes ago, mredman said:

You are also a person that did not like it. So why should you say any different. BvS is a dark movie hell freakin

Hide contents

Superman dies in it there were people bawling in the theaters at his funerals

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.  Yeah, no. 

Spoiler

And Superman didn't die.  Well I guess you can make the case he did but they made it obvious they were bringing him back to life or that he is isn't actually dead.

Edited by SoSaysI

4 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

Wow at the spin

do all C means they disliked it , some cannot think it's OK ? Which is not disliking it 

50% of users either disliked it or were indifferent to it. I'd say a C is equal to being indifferent. Reading comprehension is very important. 

Edited by Nova

1 minute ago, Nova said:

I mean the movie had 10,000+ 10s on IMDb before the film even came out so are we really using that right now? The audience speaks with its money and so far the audience has spoken...it didn't like the film. 

YOU didnt like it. There are plenty that did. And yeah the r rated Blu-Ray release is also a factor.. I know many that cant wait for this. I even seen people say they are waiting for that to be released.