Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

1 hour ago, AJG said:

They tried cut the best scene of the movie out of the movie and Kevin Fiege said no.

To be fair to Johansson and Shortland here, it was good in large part because of the execution-directing-actor work, it must have not been obvious at all at the script level and could indeed have failed.

7 hours ago, AJG said:

They tried cut the best scene of the movie out of the movie and Kevin Fiege said no. You can’t tell me Marvel won’t fall apart without him.Disney are gonna have to wrap Feige up in bubblewrap and chauffeur him everywhere like how Nintendo does Shigeru Miyamoto.

It’s sad that people have such busted attention spans that they think a scene were characters are talking (oh, the horror!) should be cut. 

22 minutes ago, Menor said:

Why on earth would you want to cut the dinner scene????

19 minutes ago, Val357 said:

Right?? Kevin Feige showing why he HAS to be so hands on, especially with lesser talent involved in making some of these films. 

That seem unfair without knowing what it looked like in the script-storyboard at the time, it is easy to say in hindsight of what the work put on it since, the long reharsal process of the cast that transformed it and so on (and obviously looking at it on the screen).

And everyone like the scene, but many review will say that the pace of the movie stopped at that point. And obviously without knowning what would have replaced it.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Barnack said:

That seem unfair without knowing what it looked like in the script-storyboard at the time, it is easy to say in hindsight of what the work put on it since, the long reharsal process of the cast that transformed it and so on (and obviously looking at it on the screen).

And everyone like the scene, but many review will say that the pace of the movie stopped at that point. And obviously without knowning what would have replaced it.

True, we don't know what would have been there instead of that scene. I suppose I'm just happy that we did indeed get what we got.

6 minutes ago, Val357 said:

True, we don't know what would have been there instead of that scene. I suppose I'm just happy that we did indeed get what we got.

Can you imagine, if it was something bad.......... the movie is already borderline with what is the thing everyone remember from it.

6 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Can you imagine, if it was something bad.......... the movie is already borderline with what is the thing everyone remember from it.

It's weird because I enjoyed Black Widow. It wasn't a masterpiece or anything but I enjoyed it just fine as standard Marvel fare. It helped that I really liked the new characters. They needed fresh, meaningful elements to make the film itself meaningful. For instance, without a character like Yelena Belova, who we know will play a part in the MCU going forward, you end up thinking "What did I just watch and why?".

I see your point too. If that scene is the highlight for many then that says a lot about the reception if a scene like that didn't "save it".