efialtes76

Monday Numbers:

7 hours ago, cannastop said:

I thought it was a 154 game schedule in the 20s.

7 hours ago, Telemachos said:

Depending on which year you look at, early on they were waffling between 140 and 154 games a year. (Granted, 1920 was the year that 154 stuck for awhile.)

Yup. 154 and they played about a dozen double headers. Just 142 dates. They used to have 1 or 2 days off per week.

Edited by No Prisoners

5 hours ago, a2knet said:

BVS's Mon-Mon drop is 54%. With TJB taking away high priced screens and providing big competition, I feel 55% drop will certainly happen. That will give it a weekend of 10.5m. 60% drop will give it 9.35m. O/U 10m will be close.

RTH said BvS was getting about 40% of it's business from PLF screens so losing them should be harder drop, on top of the 50%+ it's on pace to decrease even without competition.  So I'd say 60%+

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

RTH said BvS was getting about 40% of it's business from PLF screens so losing them should be harder drop, on top of the 50%+ it's on pace to decrease even without competition.  So I'd say 60%+

Got to start thinking 65% then.

Under zoo?

Edited by No Prisoners

5 hours ago, narniadis said:

The last 3 weeks have seriously tested my stance to not use the ignore feature, but I have come soooo close. It really is a great tool when someone is aggravating you without cause.

Ignoring or not replying to this kind of people is the best thing. I have observed less trolling from them. I think they have realized no one wants to talk to them anymore. It's also a good thing that some of them have been banned. lol

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Yes, those screens going away will hurt it. I think being in the 4th weekend, the hit will be mildly diluted. Am hoping for 57-58%.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, a2knet said:

Have put the Ignore feature to glorious use since last week. When someone makes an absurdly illogical post, instead of pointing out what's easily wrong with their post, the better thing is not to respond. It is obvious that they too have the capacity to figure out what's illogical in their post but have been in denial about it. When they get a reply to their post, they feel reinforced as their logic has been considered worthy of a reply, even if it is being argued against, and their stand is considered equal to yours albeit different. If the same user is doing it, the Ignore feature is awesome. If someone says '2+2=10' why reply and say 'no its 4'. What did you add that they couldn't figure out in the first place. To reply is itself a victory for them. By getting you to answer they have gotten their point recognized.

Well you have to look at your own logic and BO runs aren't as easy as 2+2. You were saying BVS is going to hold -40% in its 4th/5th week like a normal tent pole run when these legs fail to stabilize. Not all will agree with you.

7 hours ago, filmlover said:

LOL I've been accused of being biased just because of my avatar being a Florida theme park representation. Because apparently I'm a shill for Disney and/or Universal who wants to take down WB.

Which is true, I surrender and admit it. I'm also skilled in kung fu and computer hacking because my competitors need to be taken down no matter what the cost.

In my dreams, of course.

Of course.

:redcapes:

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

When are they doing this?? The same weekend CIVIL WAR comes out??? :sadben:

2/3, or more, of those people will make a double header of BvS with CA: CW anyway. Marginal upon marginal monetary loss for CA:CW...if any at all really. 

They are still comic fans, most of them, loyal to the genre but just fanboy combative online.