CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I am thinking 200M. Which would surpass almost everyone's predictions. 

This is true it would. I think 160M or so honestly.

In other news every time I see a TV spot with Emily Blunt riding a Pola Bear I laugh my ass off

I have to say, I think RT has gotten to the point where it can affect OWs and buzz for a film.

Time and time again recently great reviews were followed by a huge increase in pre-release buzz and larger OW, whereas bad reviews have deflated the buzz and potential of other movies OWs.  

Im not saying it's the sole factor, I think great trailers and nostalgia helped TJB a lot too.  But RT definitely seems to have hit the mainstream and gets people out to see a movie they may have otherwise waited for a friends WoM on.

• Like 5

Just now, The Panda Knight said:

I have to say, I think RT has gotten to the point where it can affect OWs and buzz for a film.

Time and time again recently great reviews were followed by a huge increase in pre-release buzz and larger OW, whereas bad reviews have deflated the buzz and potential of other movies OWs.  

Im not saying it's the sole factor, I think great trailers and nostalgia helped TJB a lot too.  But RT definitely seems to have hit the mainstream and gets people out to see a movie they may have otherwise waited for a friends WoM on.

Yup. RT is definitely a factor. 

6 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

In other news every time I see a TV spot with Emily Blunt riding a Pola Bear I laugh my ass off

That is because you don't appreciate the good things in life.

giphy.gif

5 days.

Update from my theatre, and then I have a story :lol:

So yesterday Criminal only opened with 2.2M, and will likely do 3.3M today. But the actual story is the jungle book.

JB did 6.9M for Thursday, and 38.1M total on Friday including Thursday previews. It has done around 27M for matinees today alone, and will likely be o/u 50M for the day. Likely 105-113+ weekend, depending how Sunday turns out.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, The Panda Knight said:

It really does have an effect, especially on casual viewers. And the effect is most pronounced when the score is either excellent or scathing I think. If it's middle pack, nothing good/bad, most people won't care, personal interest won out in that case.