CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

On 16/4/2016 at 5:35 PM, bladels said:

Zoo might defeat BvS this weekend

On 16/4/2016 at 5:40 PM, syntaxerror said:

I definitely think Jungle Book can get to 100M.

Zootopia may do better than BvS this week...

On 16/4/2016 at 5:41 PM, TalismanRing said:

Easily, it's going to have a 4+ multiplier.  It could do $9m

On 16/4/2016 at 6:00 PM, wileECoyote said:

Pretty much agree

BvS  (using F7)

Fri  2.36M

Sat 3.66M  (+55%)

Sun 2.23M (-39%)

Weekend:  8.25

Zoo (using Home)

Fri  2.14

Sat 4.26  (+99%)

Sun 2.77 (-35%)

Weekend 9.17

On 16/4/2016 at 8:08 PM, cannastop said:

Interesting jumps. 

Looks like this is the weekend Zootopia overtakes BvS.

http://i43.tinypic.com/5d3qea.gif

This summer really needs to produce some midrange performers. It doesn't create a stable environment when only a handful of films dominating (and dominating so massively) while everything else looks like an insect in comparison.

Just now, filmlover said:

This summer really needs to produce some midrange performers. It doesn't create a stable environment when only a handful of films dominating (and dominating so massively) while everything else looks like an insect in comparison.

I think this summer is really going to suck, really.

In terms of money, I mean.

8 hours ago, The Panda Knight said:

There were people leaving the theater because of motion sickness from the shaky cam in Hardcore Henry.  I think that might be the big factor in its big drop.

hahahaaha oh I'm so not surprised to hear that. I don't mind shaky cam and have a strong stomach for intense rides that's goal is to make you as dizzy as possible....and with all that said, I still sort of got dizzy during a few areas of it.

I was thinking "Man those poor theater employees..." while watching because I bet someone threw up in the theater not expecting it to be that way.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mredman said:

http://i43.tinypic.com/5d3qea.gif

I don't get how it's that funny?  Stuff like people saying the Revenant would flop or BVS would be an all time record breaking are giggling worthy.  Those arent embarrassing of statements as they're relatively on point (just slightly off).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Treetrunk Special said:

Why would BVS the movie have an impact on the sale of that song?

Also the success of Disturbed's single has little to do with sadfleck.

It actually did. Or at least the Sad Affleck meme did which BvS created.

Straight from Billboard.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7325412/simon-garfunkel-sound-of-silence-hot-rock-songs-disturbed

"The duo's 1966 classic -- already revived thanks to Disturbed's cover -- enters at No. 6, sparked by a Ben Affleck meme."

Again I'm happy this movie exists because that's amazing.

Just now, Telemachos said:

I randomly check in on the thread and y'all talking about BVS, of all things? :unsure: 

The movie will be down to less than $5M next weekend (a truly embarrassing achievement, no doubt about it) and that will still be the only thing most people will talk about. Heck, this weekend had a $100M+ opener in the middle of motherfucking April and still people choose to focus on the obviously flailing superhero movie that will be gone soon. This place and comic book movies, man.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, SWXII said:

An unjustified 28 on RT, a deliberate smear campaign, a movie interfered with by non-creatives and an announcement that they may release the extended version in theaters, and still this movie will do around 900M WW.

I'd call that a minor miracle. 

tumblr_nimk8a4sij1skru9ro1_500.gif

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 5

I lose my interest in the run of a movie after they go under 20M weekend. I am not sure how people are able to keep interested in movies when they are doing 8-9M.

I am far more interested in knowing more about that Jungle Book Sunday drop.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, department store basement said:

Thankfully I'm not seeing Civil War in theaters because judging by all the superhero film talk on this forum browsing its threads will be a hellhole.

You should be following the Civil War thread though (the actual one, not the spoiler one, haven't gone in there since it was screened). It's sexy.

• Like 1