CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

52 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Did someone say 'competition'? :lol:

If it's doing sub 40% against TJB, I feel it will manage that against CW easily too, for it's 3 weekends more into it's run with smaller numbers than now.

3a2derm.png

Indeed it is just crazy!! Sub 40% drop despite competition is too much. 330 million is still possible, with outside shot at passing Minions. Disney better make it happen!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, John Doe said:

Did Universal take this year off after a gigantic year last year?

Unless you're Disney, every studio has an "off" year. Universal is coming off one where they had a bunch of IPOs, so a hangover is natural.

• Like 4

Just now, filmlover said:

I honestly won't be surprised if The Huntsman opens in the teens next weekend.

Imagine opening under the combined paychecks of Theron and Hemsworth? :lol: :ph34r:

Indeed it is just crazy!! Sub 40% drop despite competition is too much. 330 million is still possible, with outside shot at passing Minions. Disney better make it happen!

Would love to see live-action Zootopia. With real actors inside animal costumes.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Imagine opening under the combined paychecks of Theron and Hemsworth? :lol: :ph34r:

To be fair, The Huntsman always seemed like a strange proposition of a project: it's a prequel/sequel to the tepidly-received Snow White and the Huntsman, a movie that's probably remembered now for the "KStew slept with her married director" scandal than for its quality, and this is trying to do everything it can to build the world it created without, you know, Snow White.

• Like 1

The dialogues in the The Huntsman trailer are perfect for what is about to happen in Portugal:

Theron: I am stronger than all of you

*Jungle Book and Civil War look at her*: Shall we find out?

Theron: Kneel before me and then I'll tear your heart out.

And then The Huntsman proceeds to out open both Civil War and Jungle Book here, destroying Jungle Book's legs and and killing Civil War even before it opens. 

Disney when it realizes opening around The Huntsman was a bad idea: Worst plan ever.

Just now, CJohn said:

The dialogues in the The Huntsman trailer are perfect for what is about to happen in Portugal:

Theron: I am stronger than all of you

*Jungle Book and Civil War look at her*: Shall we find out?

Theron: Kneel before me and then I'll tear your heart out.

And then The Huntsman proceeds to out open both Civil War and Jungle Book here, destroying Jungle Book's legs and and killing Civil War even before it opens. 

How have previous MCU movies done compared to Snow White and the Huntsman?