WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates (Page 30): The Jungle Book - 60.8M (96M OS) | The Huntsman: Winter's War - 20.1M | Barbershop 3 - 10.8M | Zootopia - 6.6M | BvS - 5.5M

Just now, filmlover said:

Now You See Me 2 reminds me of another Red 2/Horrible Bosses 2. Another unnecessary sequel the world at large won't care about.

Good point, and they added Harry Potter, eh sorry Daniel Radcliffe. This sequel will under-perform for sure. 60m top

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

Now You See Me 2 reminds me of another Red 2/Horrible Bosses 2. Another unnecessary sequel the world at large won't care about.

Another Huntsman, you mean

Schedule certainly doesn't help it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, leatherjacket said:

Good point, and they added Harry Potter, eh sorry Daniel Radcliffe. This sequel will under-perform for sure. 60m top

Why would the sequel to a WOM hit do half of what the first one did? That's illogical

Edited by Ethan Hunt

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Why would the sequel to a WOM hit do half of what the first one did? That's illogical

Why did Ted 2 drop almost 2/3 from the original despite making 4x a huge opening? Also, Red/Horrible Bosses were WOM hits too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Another Huntsman, you mean

Schedule certainly doesn't help it

The Huntsman is going make less in total what its predecessor made in its first weekend. Even though a big drop-off seems guaranteed for Now You See Me 2, it won't quite go that low.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Yep. WOM seemed out of this world. Like I said it's a good hold though

But it's on pace for a 62 mill weekend.  

• Like 1

I guess My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 did better than what people here thought,.....despite several things it had going against it, before release.

Over $80M WW.....and it wasn't made for much. I think.....if you want to make blockbusters.....keep it on a smaller budget, please?....like Deadpool. That film had around $55-60M budget. And yet, it nearly made $760M WW.

If you go over budget.....you're only risking another box office bomb. And also.....how many box office bombs got universally praised by critics & audience alike?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I guess My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 did better than what people here thought,.....despite several things it had going against it, before release.

Over $80M WW.....and it wasn't made for much. I think.....if you want to make blockbusters.....keep it on a smaller budget, please?....like Deadpool. That film had around $55-60M budget. And yet, it nearly made $760M WW.

If you go over budget.....you're only risking another box office bomb. And also.....how many box office bombs got universally praised by critics & audience alike?

Hugo was one of the biggest bombs of its year and was up for several (and won some) Oscars, including Best Picture.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Hugo was one of the biggest bombs of its year and was up for several (and won some) Oscars, including Best Picture.

True....i guess huge competition & small marketing didn't help Hugo make more than expected. WOM actually carried that film to $73M DOM.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The Huntsman is going make less in total what its predecessor made in its first weekend. Even though a big drop-off seems guaranteed for Now You See Me 2, it won't quite go that low.

Never say never. It's surrounded by Turtles 2 (which will drop off itself, but not as hard), that Rock/Hart comedy, Finding Dory and Roland

• Like 2

Just now, Chewy said:

Never say never. It's surrounded by Turtles 2 (which will drop off itself, but not as hard), that Rock/Hart comedy, Finding Dory and Roland

The June 10 weekend does look like one big question mark. A sequel that could go either way (The Conjuring 2), a sequel everyone expects to see a big drop-off (Now You See Me 2), and a big-budget tentpole that everyone has already written off as an epic bomb (Warcraft).