CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

Just now, Krissykins said:

Just got back from Neighbors 2. Zac Efron really is a pleasure to look at. Oooft!

Rose Byrne got the biggest laughs. 

I just noticed that thing has like 20 reviews up already on RT. after seeing it, do you think it'll drop from that 69%, or does that seem right to you?

Just now, filmlover said:

/deceased at this comparison. Those movies are nothing alike so comparing them is silly.

What's next, Black Swan vs. Showgirls?

They are both space epics. And I know they are nothing alike but comparing it to a masterpiece from the same genre strengthens my point so I don't really care if it is that accurate:P

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Saturday business is great around here.

#dontblamecanada

Going to work at 2:00, I'll have an idea of how the movie is doing here then.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

/deceased at this comparison. Those movies are nothing alike so comparing them is silly.

What's next, Black Swan vs. Showgirls?

Mother's Day vs Snakes on a Plane

1 minute ago, Jay Hollywood said:

This IS an Avengers movie. Ultron left us with Cap standing above establishing to us CAP is the LEADER telling his crew of Avengers to Assemble. ALL of the Avengers present at the end of Ultron are present in this movie. 

Its more a sequel to Ultron than WS

Cap's the leader my ass. Tony is ruling the Avengers. Right now I feel this need to spoil myself and find out if the comics were followed in this civil war ark.

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

I just noticed that thing has like 20 reviews up already on RT. after seeing it, do you think it'll drop from that 69%, or does that seem right to you?

I think it'll drop, but only slightly. Lots of the sorority scenes don't work and the biggest jokes are at the start of the film for some reason. It's actually very gay friendly and female friendly. Nice surprise. 

• Like 2

Just now, Krissykins said:

I think it'll drop, but only slightly. Lots of the sorority scenes don't work and the biggest jokes are at the start of the film for some reason. It's actually very gay friendly and female friendly. Nice surprise. 

tumblr_inline_o3saehftLT1qf89pq_500.gif

3 minutes ago, Wonder Midget said:

So if RDJ is in the new Spider-Man, will he be dating Aunt May? That's a big step up from the comics, where she dated Doc Ock.

Will this be the new Hulk/Black Widow thing where Stark forgets his previous girlfriend (Pepper) as if she never existed? :ph34r:

Can't blame him, though. I sure would prefer Marisa Tomei to Gwyneth Paltrow (they're both hot, though). Hell, I could be wrong and Tony is actually fucking both of them at the same time - DAT ROBERT DOWNEY JR SWAGGER THO.

9 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

This IS an Avengers movie. Ultron left us with Cap standing above establishing to us CAP is the LEADER telling his crew of Avengers to Assemble. ALL of the Avengers present at the end of Ultron are present in this movie. 

Its more a sequel to Ultron than WS

This is where I disagree.  Sequel to both okay. I can see that. But this movie's central theme ran through all 3 Cap movies. So I can't buy this was more an Ultron sequel.

1 minute ago, James said:

Ok, so I just found out they didn't follow the comic book ark so the only reason I had for seeing this movie just vanished. Great.

None of these Marvel movies really follow the comic. They cherry pick and reformat stuff to work for the world they built.

You realize it can't be the same as the comic, because in the comic universe different shit has happened to our characters. 

4 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Will this be the new Hulk/Black Widow thing where Stark forgets his previous girlfriend (Pepper) as if she never existed? :ph34r:

Can't blame him, though. I sure would prefer Marisa Tomei to Gwyneth Paltrow (they're both hot, though). Hell, I could be wrong and Tony is actually fucking both of them at the same time - DAT ROBERT DOWNEY JR SWAGGER THO.

LOL