CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

How can't people not get into Guardians of the Galaxy? I assume your souls are dead. It is the only logical explanation :P GotG is one of Marvel's finest.

• Like 7

Just now, CJohn said:

How can't people not get into Guardians of the Galaxy? I assume your souls are dead. It is the only logical explanation :P 

Really weak villain, thought the story came together in an extremely predictable way. Outside of the prison escape, I thought most of it was pretty dull

No knocks against the cast, they did a fine job.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

HAS BAUMER SEEN MOTHER'S DAY AND SUNG ITS PRAISES YET?!

No....not yet.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

HAS BAUMER SEEN MOTHER'S DAY AND SUNG ITS PRAISES YET?!

At least I don't get influenced by what others say about a film.  ;)

• Like 1

Just now, Baumer said:

No....not yet.

lol might as well not bother. My wife is like the biggest Jennifer Aniston and Julia Roberts fan in the world and even she can't bring herself to watch it. Enough said.

Garry Marshall:

raw.gif

31 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is the next one. Trades will talk about a 150M OW and when it opens with 125M we will call it a bomb. 

Erhhh hmmm thanks guys. I am totally taking all the credit for that title. It was 100% all me. :ph34r:

No it was Tele, the undercover Marvel hater.:lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Really weak villain, thought the story came together in an extremely predictable way. Outside of the prison escape, I thought most of it was pretty dull

No knocks against the cast, they did a fine job.

Is there any Marvel villain not named Loki who is not weak? :redcapes:

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

It's gonna be pretty exciting when we have two MCU movies over 300M domestically next year.

At least we know not to expect crazy things for Doctor Strange. My audience was like "da fuq" before the movie last night.

Just now, CJohn said:

Is there any Marvel villain not named Loki who is not weak? :redcapes:

Even for Marvel standards, Ronan is a giant disappointment.

I thought Zemo was pretty solid. Don't mind Ultron either. And of course, Justin Hammer. The rest though... :kitschjob: 

Not really surprised by Angry Bird reviews. Reminds me a lot of Cloudy With A Chance  Of Meatballs which I thought looked worse than the reviews ended up being. Plus that was before we knew how great Lord and Miller were. 

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's gonna be pretty exciting when we have two MCU movies over 300M domestically next year.

I am still not sold on Spider-Man or Thor 3 making 300M. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Baumer said:

At least I don't get influenced by what others say about a film.  ;)

Mother's Day is actually quite a lot better than you may think. I'd recommend it to you :)