CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

Just now, grey ghost said:

Just because we had two movies cross 200 m OW within six months doesn't mean it's normal.

It's still a very difficult milestone.

180 m is huge.

Only 4 movies in history have surpassed it.

You know your spoiled when historic numbers bore and disappoint you.

I agree. I want to send most of these people back to the 90s.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Just because we had two movies cross 200 m OW within six months doesn't mean it's normal.

It's still a very difficult milestone.

180 m is huge.

Only 4 movies in history have surpassed it.

You know you're spoiled when historic numbers bore and disappoint you.

What is this logical and well made post doing here? Get the hell outta here. Ultron is a flop and Civil War is a mega bomb!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

It is death. That movie killed a part of my soul.

There's only like 25 minutes left and nothing happened outside of them getting their powers. No character development, no good action, nothing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Think I might watch FANT4STIC tonight now that it's on HBO, God have mercy on my soul.

I don't think I can stand to watch that for free. Not even if some one paid me to watch it.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

There's only like 25 minutes left and nothing happened outside of them getting their powers. No character development, no good action, nothing.

Why are you doing this to yourself?

There is a cool game to play. Spot the number of times any character says Victor von Doom with their lips moving (correct answer: 0). Also, spot the amount of times Kate Mare has a fake wig between scenes she is with her natural hair.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

This annoys me. The 60m is actually a increase from the true Friday number but when I go on other sites the fans of a certain movie are going to be posting trying to gloat that CW has "dropped" and is somehow a "flop". Reading ppl not on this site talk about BO gives me a head ache.

That is because fans of other movies did the same to them 6 weeks ago. Schadenfreude is a real thing, and after the amount of gloating certain fanbases have had to endure this weekend is turning into a "What goes around comes around" moment, especially after expectations were set so high by fans, trades and tracking.

If only fanbases didn't treat each other like crap when something goes wrong with their beloved properties, a lot of issues online could be avoided.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

The first hour could have been ok if it had a decent payoff. You can tell where reshoots fucked it up.

• Like 1

So, only three films will make more than $4m this weekend, one of which will have its titular holiday gone and thus will fall apart next weekend. Two small wide releases next weekend won't lead to huge theater drops (Ratchet and Clank won't break the record), but with lots of high profile releases on the 20th and 27th, whoa boy, theater drops are going to be fun.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Why are you doing this to yourself?

There is a cool game to play. Spot the number of times any character says Victor von Doom with their lips moving (correct answer: 0). Also, spot the amount of times Kate Mare has a fake wig between scenes she is with her natural hair.

Because I need to see what kind of mess this is. At least I'll be able to go right to sleep :lol: 

• Like 1

Just now, Spaghetti said:

So, only three films will make more than $4m this weekend, one of which will have its titular holiday gone and thus will fall apart next weekend. Two small wide releases next weekend won't lead to huge theater drops (Ratchet and Clank won't break the record), but with lots of high profile releases on the 20th and 27th, whoa boy, theater drops are going to be fun.

BVS will be affected the most next weekend.

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

That is because fans of other movies did the same to them 6 weeks ago. Schadenfreude is a real thing, and after the amount of gloating certain fanbases have had to endure this weekend is turning into a "What goes around comes around" moment, especially after expectations were set so high by fans, trades and tracking.

If only fanbases didn't treat each other like crap when something goes wrong with their beloved properties, a lot of issues online could be avoided.

I mean if this drops 70% next weekend then gloat away? But pretty much a different situation otherwise.

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The movie has a first act, and then goes into the finale directly. Whatever setup was there is completely cut out and reshot. It is really weird. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Because I need to see what kind of mess this is. At least I'll be able to go right to sleep :lol: 

Prepare for the worst 5 minutes final battle ever.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, wileECoyote said:

I love my movies. :lol:. Ties SWTFA for viewings on OW.  And  you kind of convinced me a few weeks ago anyway.  I just have to change tickets because my Sister in law hates 3D.  So treating her for this and dinner along with my parents (who are not going to watch CW)  for mothers days.

Besides some here may be "disappointed" with the numbers but doesn't take anything away from the movie.  It's so good.  

Three times in one day is fucking crazy. Even I didn't do that with Zootopia.

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The same studio made Deadpool. :kitschjob:

It's like Fox experimented with polar opposite approaches to CBMs.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

So it really is Ebola diarrhea on celluloid?