CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

5 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Disney skimmed from Jungle Book to keep Civil War above 180m.

Why, it's not like 180 matters in terms of any milestones. It'll be fifth biggest OW either way

5 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Are you referring to a Pirated Copy of this movie already on the streets??? :ohmygod:I just can't imagine why on fucking earth some cheap Motherfucker would want to watch something like this on a Pirated Fucking Copy with some Dude's head in the way instead of prying the fucking wallet out of your pocket and paying to see it the way it was meant to be seen, on the Silver Screen/IMAX???

No dude's head in the way, no bad audio either. This is almost a DVD quality copy which has leaked out. I'm shocked such a good quality rip of a big release has hit the web this quickly.

6 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Are you referring to a Pirated Copy of this movie already on the streets??? :ohmygod:I just can't imagine why on fucking earth some cheap Motherfucker would want to watch something like this on a Pirated Fucking Copy with some Dude's head in the way instead of prying the fucking wallet out of your pocket and paying to see it the way it was meant to be seen, on the Silver Screen/IMAX???

It's a clean copy. Not a cam so I've read

Pirating never really matters, people always act like it will but it never does. People who are going to pirate never woulda bought tickets anyway

• Like 4

Just now, Chewy said:

Pirating never really matters, people always act like it will but it never does. People who are going to pirate never woulda bought tickets anyway

That's true, but what of repeat viewers? With a pretty much pristine copy floating around on the net (granted, news has not spread yet like it did for Expendables 3), it could curb some amount of repeat business. We will only know if the news pays this leak any attention, especially since it has come out just 3 days after release.

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

That's true, but what of repeat viewers? With a pretty much pristine copy floating around on the net (granted, news has not spread yet like it did for Expendables 3), it could curb some amount of repeat business. We will only know if the news pays this leak any attention, especially since it has come out just 3 days after release.

Downloading when I get home for my parents. 

Also, I think it will still have 0 effect. Pirate copies only affect movies when they are released online before the movie.

Just now, grim22 said:

I suppose but I don't think it's going to matter. People know that every movie will be online within a week of release and people who watch online don't tend to mind quality

18 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

Lol. I base things on past events and extrapolate. Like I did this weekend with some success and calling a bottom on oil 2 months ago. I don't have any data on a leaked copy the weekend after a tentpole is released.  But I will the next time it happens.:)

I project more than predict. How about you? You won the china OW. Thought you should know. I'll send the gift card tomorrow when actuals are in. Ya never know they could fudge 8m and screw you.

Me? I'm just an asshole.

Just now, OncomingStorm93 said:

180 looks better than 178.

To whom?

200 is a number you fudge for. Big, round. 180 is... nothing, really.

And Disney didn't even fudge Star Wars to 250 :sadben:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Disney skimmed from Jungle Book to keep Civil War above 180m.

Disney doesn't care about this stuff.  Paramount they are not.

62909.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Downloading when I get home for my parents. 

Also, I think it will still have 0 effect. Pirate copies only affect movies when they are released online before the movie.

Ticket sales have dropped over the last 14 years. Everyone blames piracy for that.

PIRACY WATCH

CA2, IM3 and AoU held -56-59%. 

CA3 is well reviewed and good WoM.  Let's see where it falls