CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

LOL AMC Fullerton has 0 Chill.   2d matinees all sold out.

Captain America: Civil War

Rating (PG-13) • 2 hrs. 26 min.

Digital Presentation
CC/DVS-Closed Captions & Descript
Reserved Seating

BUY TICKETS - 1:30PM

Captain America: Civil War in Disney Digital 3D

RealD 3D
Digital Presentation
CC/DVS-Closed Captions
Cinema Suites (21 and over) Reserved Seating

BUY TICKETS - 2:46PM

Captain America: Civil War

Digital Presentation
CC/DVS-Closed Captions & Descript
Fork & Screen (18 and over) Reserved Seating

BUY TICKETS - 3:15PM, 6:00PM, 9:45PM

1 minute ago, ecstasy said:

LOL AMC Fullerton has 0 Chill.   2d matinees all sold out.

AMC Fullerton sells out for everything. It is a great location, cheap tickets, great seating (LaZ boys), reserved seating and really good food as well. I try to attend movies there when possible, about a 15-20 minute drive from my home. It must be minting money to be honest, almost every show of every movie sells out there. It's also in the same complex as a Costco so it gets some business from there as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

AMC Fullerton sells out for everything. It is a great location, cheap tickets, great seating (LaZ boys) and really good food as well. I try to attend movies there when possible, about a 15-20 minute drive from my home.

Yep. My Co worker loves this theater. They are always packed. Never been. Have you?

DL

75-80m for Friday, tracking 10-13% behind age of ultron.

That's 50-55m for normal business hours.

It's still really early though.

Edited by IMojammer
  • Like 1

Just now, ecstasy said:

Yep. My Co worker loves this theater. They are always packed. Never been. Have you?

Seen 3 movies there. If you are planning on going OW for any movie, book tickets by Monday of opening to get good seats. More AMCs should upgrade their seating and offer food brought to your seat, it is basically lunch/dinner+a movie.

• Like 1

NOON UPDATE: Captain America: Civil War‘s matinees are currently tracking 10% to 13% behind Avengers: Age of Ultron putting the Disney Marvel title on track for a $75M-$80M Friday and a projected weekend at this point of $178M-$188M. While that’s under Ultron‘s $191.27M , man, that’s really not something to cry about. Should Civil War hook that opening, it will make it the fifth highest domestic opening of all-time ahead of Iron Man 3‘s $174M.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Seen 3 movies there. If you are planning on going OW for any movie, book tickets by Monday of opening to get good seats. More AMCs should upgrade their seating and offer food brought to your seat, it is basically lunch/dinner+a movie.

That is awesome and thanks for the tip!

Just now, Truckasaurus said:

Isn't it, like, super early for estimates? 

It's not estimates though, they are saying that matinees are 10-13% behind Ultron, and if that pace remains the same through the day, it will end with 75-80M. If night shows pick up it can push higher, if night shows don't do as well, it can fall lower. Current trending, if maintained, will take it to 75-80M.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

AMC Fullerton sells out for everything. It is a great location, cheap tickets, great seating (LaZ boys), reserved seating and really good food as well. I try to attend movies there when possible, about a 15-20 minute drive from my home. It must be minting money to be honest, almost every show of every movie sells out there. It's also in the same complex as a Costco so it gets some business from there as well.

AMC needs to update some of their theaters in San Diego because they suck here. 

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

NOON UPDATE: Captain America: Civil War‘s matinees are currently tracking 10% to 13% behind Avengers: Age of Ultron putting the Disney Marvel title on track for a $75M-$80M Friday and a projected weekend at this point of $178M-$188M. While that’s under Ultron‘s $191.27M , man, that’s really not something to cry about. Should Civil War hook that opening, it will make it the fifth highest domestic opening of all-time ahead of Iron Man 3‘s $174M.

Like I said, anything above IM3 is a win. But it will do a lot more. I think it could still take Ultron though.

• Like 2