sfran43

Weekend Actuals: CA3 - $179.1M / JB - $24.49M / MD - $11.09M

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

A movie no one really has been talking about but has had a really nice stealth run for what it is (obv not compared to original), MBFGW2. Who would've guessed 3.6x+ legs after that open?

It still had one of the largest sequel drops of all time 

4 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Insane that Zootopia already passed BvS domestic, cannot be stated enough. Fantastic holds for it & TJB.

It took long enough. It actually BvS passed it once, and Zootopia caught up again.

Now if it can only be in the top 5 for its 11th weekend.

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

A movie no one really has been talking about but has had a really nice stealth run for what it is (obv not compared to original), MBFGW2. Who would've guessed 3.6x+ legs after that open?

Hmm, yeah. Thanks for pointing that out. And it did it without the backing of good reviews! I guess the Greek Wedding franchise, to call it that, is strong.

46 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

A movie no one really has been talking about but has had a really nice stealth run for what it is (obv not compared to original), MBFGW2. Who would've guessed 3.5x+ legs after that open?

The past few weeks have been pretty weak holds, but yeah, impressive all things considered. 

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Drama is good for this site?

In that case, I'm rooting for under Zootopia!

#CRUMBLING

No, the site will make about 250 dollars if it misses 400, only 200 if it passes it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

Piracy, competition, OS declining faster than expected, could be more front loaded than expected with all the hype

Not a lock for me

X-men is flopping 

20 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

Piracy, competition, OS declining faster than expected, could be more front loaded than expected with all the hype

Not a lock for me

What is the overall overseas percentage drop?

33 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

Not a lock for me

You had Ultron at like $425M at one point last year I think, and that ended up crawling its way to close to $460M. I don't see how Civil War loses more than $45M to Ultron in the coming weeks. Even if the drops next week are larger than we are expecting, things will even out in coming weeks, as they almost always do for huge films with decent to good WOM. 

Edited by kswiston