John Marston

Wednesday numbers - Cap 3- 8.9m

9 minutes ago, Jessie said:

That's ridiculous 

How so? You don't think piracy does any damage? There are rules against filming movies... They gotta be enforced somehow. 

I don't see how you can complain unless you think piracy should be legalised.

• Like 1

Piracy, besides being illegal, ruins things for everyone else. It contributes to the declining box office receipts, which is one of the reasons that Hollywood doesn't make many mid-budget films anymore. It's also the main reason that movies don't always open domestically before they open internationally. I am not a fan of piracy.

• Like 5

Money Monster has opened in first place here kicking Captain America's arse to the second position :ohmygod:

Neighbors 2 opened in 3rd place lol.

55 minutes ago, Treetrunk Special said:

How so? You don't think piracy does any damage? There are rules against filming movies... They gotta be enforced somehow. 

I don't see how you can complain unless you think piracy should be legalised.

I just think Piracy of blockbusters is far down the list of worries on this planet. 

51 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

Piracy, besides being illegal, ruins things for everyone else. It contributes to the declining box office receipts, which is one of the reasons that Hollywood doesn't make many mid-budget films anymore. It's also the main reason that movies don't always open domestically before they open internationally. I am not a fan of piracy.

Films are earning more than ever box office wise so it's not that bad and releasing films worldwide at once rather than letting USA have it first is a major plus, why should America get everything first? 

36 minutes ago, stripe said:

Why? We have to fight against piracy

Because cinema is a rip off. I pay for an unlimited cinema card so I'm contributing but if a film has a good pirate download available I'd rather watch that in the comfort of my own home then going to an uncomfortable cinema and being stuck with shitty side seats and a big bill for a drink. Morally I think it's fine for me to do so as I'm still technically paying for my cinema pass, if anything I'm freeing up space so films can earn more money.

Edited by Jessie

38 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Because cinema is a rip off. I pay for an unlimited cinema card so I'm contributing but if a film has a good pirate download available I'd rather watch that in the comfort of my own home then going to an uncomfortable cinema and being stuck with shitty side seats and a big bill for a drink. Morally I think it's fine for me to do so as I'm still technically paying for my cinema pass, if anything I'm freeing up space so films can earn more money.

That's not ok. I have an Unlimited Card too. But Piracy is just wrong.

I also don't think people who watch camera copies should have a right to comment on a film.

• Like 2

I mentioned this during the OW thread and people shouted it down.

Piracy is a real problem particularly in international markets and I would suggest Marvel re-examine how early they screen their movies. I'm not talking about critics screenings, I'm talking about the fan screenings. Right now as people have mentioned, there are pretty clear copies of Civil War online. This wasn't the case at all with BvS.

In South Africa, a lot of people that do patronize pirated movies and these people will NOT see movies in the cinemas. 

Just now, Deathlife said:

Piracy is a real problem particularly in international markets and I would suggest Marvel re-examine how early they screen their movies. I'm not talking about critics screenings, I'm talking about the fan screenings. Right now as people have mentioned, there are pretty clear copies of Civil War online. This wasn't the case at all with BvS.

In South Africa, a lot of people that do patronize pirated movies and these people will NOT see movies in the cinemas. 

I don't think it has an effect at this point because people who pirate won't pay anyway. We've always said that.

I don't know why it's being brought up again, just for this film.

If they did something to wipe it out completely, which I'm sure they're rightly trying to do, then we would see a change for the better.

9 minutes ago, Deathlife said:

It is funny because it wasn't a problem with all the other movies Marvel opened 1 week before America OS.

The fan screenings in mid April were in America, not OS. Don't throw the blame to OS markets.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

That's not ok. I have an Unlimited Card too. But Piracy is just wrong.

I also don't think people who watch camera copies should have a right to comment on a film.

Common sense would say it's okay. And I don't download cams, usually download good quality copies from Oscar season because fuck sitting in a cinema for 3 hours watching hateful 8, my bum begins to ache. I then buy the blueray if I enjoy it. I've already paid for the privilege of Watching it in cinemas, it's not hurting anyone, I'm still funding hollywood so no-one can convince me that I'm a bad person for doing so.

And I have just as much right to comment on a film as anyone lol, it's a film for fuck sake haha

5 hours ago, somebody85 said:

Not much, the first version is still being seeded more but this one is also up there. Overall the release was seen by a ton of people.

New version has 7,000 people, First has 16,400 (with 809 comments all giving it high marks).

One of many: "My grandpa loves superhero movies as much as i do, but can't go to the theater right now because of some health stuff. Brought this over and watched it with him. Blew his mind. Thank you so much!"

I don't know if you were being sarcastic or not, just providing the actual data lol

I was being sarcastic but thanks for the data. Looks like the 2nd on is catching up fast.

20 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Let me tell you something: I would challenge you to knock me to the fucking floor cause no shit, I'd beat your ass.. You have no idea how strong I am, how big I am and how much of a short fuse I have, so come to St.Louis, go to RONNIES 20 CINE/IMAX and try that shit in my presence.. I'd be hailed throwing you out.. Nuff said..

Haha exactly the response I hoped for, don't ever change. Besides, weight lifting doesn't make you ard lol, we get weight lifters come into our class every week with massive amount of confidence and act confused when they get choked out lol. Brazilian jujitsu + muay thai > lifting heavy weights.

10 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

So another words, you're cheap as fuck.. Got it..

No I'm just smart with my money, why spend 7 pound on chips and a coke when I could make my own for half the price and save the rest for a joint to go with it? You of all people should understand that watching a film at home with a spliff and a comfy sofa beats any cinema experience.

Edited by Jessie

1 hour ago, Jessie said:

"Movie piracy is not the biggest problem on the planet" no one is suggesting that. But for the BBFC, cinemas and studios it IS the biggest problem they face. It takes away from their business. Why would they not try to combat it??

We are not talking about massive government operations to catch pirates, this is just a simple reward system for people to report criminals. What the fuck is the issue dude.

As for "I pay for an unlimited card so it doesn't matter", if you don't see any movies then studios will get £0 of that £203. Though maybe that's fair, the cinema gets more profit the fewer films you see lol.

2 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Portugal has weird moviegoers.. Let me guess: FF7 was probably the All Time Favorite in Portugal and MARVEL movies aren't exactly very popular, for whatever reason or another??? What gives?? I mean, Money Monster knock down probably one of the Best Superhero Movies made, and not just one of the Best Superhero Movies, but one of the Best movies, period?? I find that rather interesting..

Stars still sell a movie here. Captain will probably return to the top spot over the weekend, tho. Everyone sure loves FF7 here :lol: Biggest OW ever plus third or fourth biggest movie ever. Civil War is gonna end just below the Avengers movies so not bad. I think a lot of people will agree with one of the best superhero movies ever, but one of the best movies ever? Nah. 

8 minutes ago, Treetrunk Special said:

"Movie piracy is not the biggest problem on the planet" no one is suggesting that. But for the BBFC, cinemas and studios it IS the biggest problem they face. It takes away from their business. Why would they not try to combat it??

We are not talking about massive government operations to catch pirates, this is just a simple reward system for people to report criminals. What the fuck is the issue dude.

As for "I pay for an unlimited card so it doesn't matter", if you don't see any movies then studios will get £0 of that £203. Though maybe that's fair, the cinema gets more profit the fewer films you see lol.

Its just im paying £17 a month for a cinema card a barely use. I've been to the cinema twice this year lol, that means each ticket has technically cost me £42.50 so i dont feel bad if i find an early good download for deadpool and i fancy watching it AGAIN during the period where the film is no longer in cinemas but also not available to purchase.