WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 67): Captain Pirate: Piracy War 72.6M | Jungle Book 17.1M | Money Monster 14.8M | The Darkness 5M | Mother's Day 3.3M

48 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Am i the only insane one who doesnt think 400 is locked for Rogue One? I mean its a spin off. Unless Darth Vader has more than a glorified 30 second cameo i dont see this being a massive film. Big no doubt. 400 is certainly possible but 500?  Too bullish imo.

I think it's early to be calling locks (the film could suck), but an Age of Ultron to Ant Man dip going from TFA to Rogue One is still over $360M domestic.

Coming off a $935M film in the same larger franchise is going to give it a lot of awareness.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ohana said:

I had no idea March 25th till May 15th is 3 months.

I'm amazed you're still talking so much nonsense after your 225M OW hallucination.

Even though he is wrong about calling it "3 months", BVS's gross after 3 months from release is not gonna be much different from what it's right now. So his point is well taken. CW will do inside 3 weekends what BVS won't do in it's lifetime.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ThatOneGuy said:

I feel like Neighbors 2 is gonna do well next weekend.  It follows the trend of "comedy sequel in 2 years," which seems to be a good time pattern to release a sequel.  The trailers are also funny and reviews are decent enough.

It opened to less than half of the original here in the UK and was beaten by Money Monster in Portugal.

I thought the film was quite funny though. But I could watch Zac Efron read the phone book. Rose Byrne steals it.

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Baumer said:

Am i the only insane one who doesnt think 400 is locked for Rogue One? I mean its a spin off. Unless Darth Vader has more than a glorified 30 second cameo i dont see this being a massive film. Big no doubt. 400 is certainly possible but 500?  Too bullish imo.

Despite being a spin-off, SW universe is still very fresh as the new movies have just begun.

As to following a 935m film, look at how IM3 behaved after getting exposure from TA1.

I think RO's OW will at least match SW7's OD of 119m. Then needs just 3.36x in Christmas to do 400m.

Edited by a2knet

7 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Even though he is wrong about calling it "3 months", BVS's gross after 3 months from release is not gonna be much different from what it's right now. So his point is well taken. CW will do inside 3 weekends what BVS won't do in it's lifetime.

Will CW pass BvS? ofc it will
Does CW underpeforms? Way over some here are willing to admit
I remember a long discussion about how any result under 1.5B WW will be considered as a flop for CW
Ofc non will talk about it so their precious movie won't look bad.
So instead of using the word "disappointing" they are using "boring".
And before ppl here attack me: I'm only playing with your high standards that you set for BvS.

Budget of NEIGHBORS was 18m. How higher can NEIGHBORS2 be?

1st one did 150 dom + 120 os = 270 ww.

Even 1/3rd that [ 50 dom + 40 os = 90 ww ] would be profitable.

Edited by a2knet

6 minutes ago, cannastop said:

You also care about Ratchet & Clank.

Jesus Christ, you're rude as hell.

Also, way to misinterpret what I said.  I just said I feel kind of bad for it since it got ignored at the box office.  I didn't say I cared about it, I just felt a bit bad that it flopped like that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ThatOneGuy said:

Jesus Christ, you're rude as hell.

Also, way to misinterpret what I said.  I just said I feel kind of bad for it since it got ignored at the box office.  I didn't say I cared about it, I just felt a bit bad that it flopped like that. 

:rofl:

Edited by cannastop

Just now, cannastop said:

Feeling bad falls under the category of caring.

"A bit."  It wasn't something that I thought over a lot.  It was just something I so happened to realize "gee, this is flopping a lot, I feel kind of bad for it.  Ok, moving on."

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

That's true, but it's also true that CACW isn't going to come close to the gaudy predictions made for it by many just 10 days ago. It probably won't reach $400m DOM, and it still might not beat Deadpool DOM.

Think about that: BvS and CACW have been released and Deadpool might still end up as the #1 DOM comic book movie of the year? That's pretty astonishing, eh?

Edited by SteveJaros

2 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

That's true, but it's also true that CACW isn't going to come close to the gaudy predictions made for it by many just 10 days ago. It probably won't reach $400m DOM, and it still might not beat Deadpool DOM.

Think about that: BvS and CACW have been released and Deadpool might still end up as the #1 DOM comic book movie of the year? That's pretty astonishing, eh?

This is reaching 400M.

• Like 3