WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 67): Captain Pirate: Piracy War 72.6M | Jungle Book 17.1M | Money Monster 14.8M | The Darkness 5M | Mother's Day 3.3M

59 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Civil War is doing fine. I hope people don't start back pedaling and saying it is only a "Captain America" movie in order to prop up the gross :ph34r:

A 425/1.2B run needing excuses is hilar

Everyone chill

1 minute ago, FilmBuff said:

Just stop. It isn't missing 400 million. We know you're wanting the movie to fail, but it isn't going below 400 million.

Lol, the guy you quoted just said that.

Edited by cannastop

5 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Below 400m is impossible. It will be 104.5m away from 400m after a ~72m weekend taking it to 295.5m.

3 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Just stop. It isn't missing 400 million. We know you're wanting the movie to fail, but it isn't going below 400 million.

:WHATanabe:

52 minutes ago, Intergalactic Ping Pong said:

It's just that the fans were prioritizing seeing the movie on OW vs later on.

There's that. And then there's the people who saw Avengers 5 times and Ultron 3 times who'll maybe see Civil War twice. Novelty eroding leads to a decrease in repeat views, even from hardcore fans

All those families who went to see Star Wars 7 three times over the holiday won't do the same for episode 8

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, CJohn said:

DAILY PIRACY EROSION AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH EVERY SINGLE ONE OF HAS LOST IT!!!!

Critic conspiracies, piracy erosion, and we aren't even halfway done with this year's comic book movie releases :sadben:

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

I don't care if it fails. I just like to find the trend. 

Apple go from 90 to 110, make money, goes from 110 to 90, make money.. I have a Samsung, I don't care about Apple or iPhone,  as long as it moves.

I'm not saying it's going to happen but if it continues to erode, anything is possible

Edited by No Prisoners

9 minutes ago, Chewy said:

There's that. And then there's the people who saw Avengers 5 times and Ultron 3 times who'll maybe see Civil War twice. Novelty eroding leads to a decrease in repeat views, even from hardcore fans

All those families who went to see Star Wars 7 three times over the holiday won't do the same for episode 8

I don't think that's the driving force behind box office numbers.

Otherwise the movie in my avatar would be the biggest thing in the history of ever.

• Like 1

Just now, cannastop said:

I don't think that's the driving force behind box office numbers.

Didn't say it was.

But when we're talking about the difference between a 55% drop and a 58% drop, it matters

• Like 2

Just now, a2knet said:

CW wasn't meant to make this much anyway. It's an art film.

reported for poisoning the well

(someone 'shop a Russos version of that Trank tweet plz)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, somebody85 said:

I also agree. Finally starting to see some signs of super hero/comic book fatigue. They are still massive but just not as big as they once were.

It should be evident that a bad superhero film hitting the market a few weeks before a superhero film is not going to have a positive effect on the second superhero film.   That's why Feige said he wanted BvS to do well.  He gets it.

Every film in a particular genre affects how popular that genre is.  This should be self-evident.   Fanboys don't get that and root for failure for certain studios in the illogical belief that it will help their favorite succeed.   Shocker....it doesn't work that way.

Superhero fatigue is only a real thing when audiences don't like the superhero movies.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chewy said:

Gonna be fun when we have the same conversation next May when Guardians 2 opens

Well...

The thing about that one that it still has going for it, is that we haven't seen those characters since the original.  For every good thing that can come about for having an interconnected universe, i.e. bringing in other characters to boost "solo" movies, it also means the characters aren't as special anymore.  It's boosting some films, but putting a cap on others the more we see these characters.  

Also, people don't need to watch everything in the MCU to understand the sequel.  I think it stands a good chance to compete with TWS for best MCU sequel multiplier at around 2.7-2.8(depending on quality of course).  Something like 135/378 I think.

• Like 3