The Panda

BOT Top 100 Movies of All Time: The Empire Strikes Back... Again... For the Third Time...

Allow me to explain my Jurassic Park vs JW thing.

I liked Jurassic Park a lot.  It was great fun and Malcolm stole the show for the human side.  I gave that film 8.5/10

JW is just fun on every level.  Pratt is a bad ass protagonist and I loved the dynamic between him and Howard.  The dinosaurs in this were much more exciting that they were in JP and the end battle, starting with the Raptors following Pratt on the motorcycle, is just too awesome for words.  I loved JW.  And therefore it is a much better film than JP.

Insane?  Sure, I guess.  But what else is new?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4815162342 said:

You will be waiting for a while

at-work-cookie-monster.gif

There were a few people that had some HG movie as their #1 and all HG movies in Top 10. So I think there is a strong chance we see at least one of them popping up soon.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

There is no universe where JW is better than JP. JP understands its characters.

Yes, there is.  JP is good.....nowhere near as good as JW.  That's how I see it.

2 minutes ago, bartonfink said:

Jurassic Park is an exceptional paragon of wonder and suspense. Jurassic World is just fun yet common derivative of that. 

Most feel this way.  I do not.

11 minutes ago, James said:

There were a few people that had some HG movie as their #1 and all HG movies in Top 10. So I think there is a strong chance we see at least one of them popping up soon.

Catching Fire has 21 points from non-private lists. Only angeldemito had a HG movie as #1. #100 was 25 points, so probably it didn't make the list.

• Like 2

I weep for this generation if they seriously think that a Hunger Games film is anywhere close to one of the top 100 films of all time.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I weep for this generation if they seriously think that a Hunger Games film is anywhere close to one of the top 100 films of all time.

You had some "interesting" movies in your top 100 too. What does it say about you?

10 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Jurassic Park/Jurassic World either way we lose.

The Lost World is the best one

Why? :unsure:

Edited by misafeco
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I weep for this generation if they seriously think that a Hunger Games film, The Force Awakens, Civil War or Jurassic World are anywhere close to one of the top 100 films of all time.

FIFY ;)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Yeah, they might even like Twilight movies as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Yeah, they might even like Twilight movies as well.

But I don\t think they are the 100 best of all time.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Then it's a good thing this is a favourites list rather than a best list. If this was supposed to be a list of which films we objectively consider the best, I would not have handed in the list I did.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Baumer said:

Allow me to explain my Jurassic Park vs JW thing.

I liked Jurassic Park a lot.  It was great fun and Malcolm stole the show for the human side.  I gave that film 8.5/10

JW is just fun on every level.  Pratt is a bad ass protagonist and I loved the dynamic between him and Howard.  The dinosaurs in this were much more exciting that they were in JP and the end battle, starting with the Raptors following Pratt on the motorcycle, is just too awesome for words.  I loved JW.  And therefore it is a much better film than JP.

Insane?  Sure, I guess.  But what else is new?

JW is indeed a fun ass movie, yes, I can't say that I hated it, nor can I deny the epic awesomeness of the final dinodown. But JP is a perfect film. Period. It's imaginative. The score is absolutely incredible, only second to Star Wars as the best one ever imo. Script is great (JW's is dogshit), characters are all great and all memorable - I mean, asides from Pratt, I guess, what human characters were even remotely good from JW? BDH put on a good performance but the character was a sorta "I am a tough female" type of character that obnoxiously tried to shove down my throat about how independent she could be, and whose only memorability was that she was hot and that she spent the entire movie on high heels, even outrunning a T-rex w/them on; and everybody else were just bad (like whatever thing Vincent D'Onofrio was doing or those Goddamn annoying and stupid kids, good performances from those kids aside) or phoned in characters (like the pseudo comedy relief sidekicks or the parents) -, performances were just as good as the characters, the CGI/animatronics mix is a stroke of genius and to me those dinos are still real to this day (whereas JW's CGI looks really fake other than a handful of scenes), it was scary, it was funny, it was exciting as hell, and while it probably didn't have the consistently strong pacing of JW, it certainly was much, much, MUCH less dumb too. Plus, the dinosaurs were NOT more exciting in JW. The only true excitement I got from them were in the pterodactyl attack and the dinodown. Whereas they riveted me from start to finish in JP - everything w/the T-rex, the raptor chases, even just seeing a brontosaurus eating leaves... all was awe inspiring.

I mean, look, I respect your opinion, I really do, I get that JW is more your style. But, honestly, I really don't think that your opinion is anything close to being agreeable. JP completely eviscerates JW. And I liked JW more than The Lost World and especially JPIII, God I loathe that one. But it's like comparing Jaws 2 to the original: it's fun for what it is, but it ain't no all-timer.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2

The Lost World is the most mehtastic movie Spielberg's ever directed. Note that doesn't mean it's the worst one he's made, just that it's the one that's the most meh for me. Retains a few of the things from the original, like characters and the visuals, but it's just boring and pretty dumb too. Other than the tent scene, meh. T-rex in San Diego was a total WTF move.

Well. Im impressed by your write up. Im glad you feel that strongly about a movie u love @MCKillswitch123. I disagree. We all like what we like. I liked JP a lot too just not as much.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, rukaio101 said:

Then it's a good thing this is a favourites list rather than a best list. If this was supposed to be a list of which films we objectively consider the best, I would not have handed in the list I did.

Yea well THG is a pretty horrible bunch of films imo.

• Like 1