The Panda

BOT Top 100 Movies of All Time: The Empire Strikes Back... Again... For the Third Time...

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

The Lost World is the most mehtastic movie Spielberg's ever directed. Note that doesn't mean it's the worst one he's made, just that it's the one that's the most meh for me. Retains a few of the things from the original, like characters and the visuals, but it's just boring and pretty dumb too. Other than the tent scene, meh. T-rex in San Diego was a total WTF move.

Tintin is the movie that I can simply not believe that Spielberg's name is attached to... Its just so bad.

And i understand how u feel. The Jaws comparison was a good one. Jaws is the best film ever made imo. Jaws 2 is a really good sequel but not shoo as the original.

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Tintin is the movie that I can simply not believe that Spielberg's name is attached to... Its just so bad.

To be fair, I did find Tintin colorful and kinda funny, so... I don't feel strongly about it, but it's one that I don't really mind either. It's in the same meh'ish ballpark as TLW, only less so because of it being more fun. Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull is the film that I just cannot believe Spielberg made. It's too bad for that to be believable. And I'm not even a gigantic Indy mark, despite Raiders being a terrific film (and I like Last Crusade too), it's just... awful. Though one can put the blame on George Lucas, sure, but... Spielberg still directed it. He's still partly to blame, at least.

AI is another one that goes in the same line as Tintin and TLW - it's kinda meh. Though Haley Joel Osment was AMAZING in that film, just as good as he was in The Sixth Sense, but other than that... Spielberg tried waaayyyy too hard w/that one. It's insane to think the same man that directed Schindler's List, JP, Saving Private Ryan, Raiders, Jaws, Close Encounters, ET, Hook, Munich and all these other great/magical films could sometimes deliever such by the numbers affairs as well.

Crystal Skull gets way more hate than it should. While it is not as good as the other three it is still a hell of a lot of fun and something I enjoyed immensely.

• Like 7

Just now, misafeco said:

I thought your CF rating was A.

Which one was that? I didnt like thfilms hers and the last one was top 100 worst of all time kind of bad. So those fils were pretty horrible for the most part.

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

Which one was that? I didnt like thfilms hers and the last one was top 100 worst of all time kind of bad. So those fils were pretty horrible for the most part.

Catching Fire.

On 2013. 11. 21. at 9:50 PM, Baumer said:

One of the best movies I've seen this year and probably the best large scale movie I've seen this year as well.  The first one was really lame imo, this one is everything I HEARD others say about the first.  The games were brutal, violent and completely unpredictable and for the first time in the series, I really felt for Katniss, I felt the danger and even though I know she can't die, I feared for everyone else.  I'm actually kind of happy to be in on the Hunger Game love fest now.  It always seemed like I was a bit of a pariah when it comes to blockbusters.  Not a big fan of Potter, The Dark Knight is hit and miss, same with Marvel and of course I like Twilight while everyone else despises it.  Finally a blockbuster I like just like everyone else. lol.  

9/10

• Like 1

Urgh, I hated Crystal Skull. Dumb can't be enough to describe it. It's not as bad as, say, the worst SW prequel (which in this case would have to be Attack Of The Clones... that is one of the worst blockbusters ever made, imo). Or even 2nd worst perhaps (Phantom Menace). And nor do I hate it w/a passion as much as I do Jurassic Park III (I'd rather watch Jaws IV, seriously). But it sure is one frustratingly dumbmotherfuckingass movie. Whatever.

And while we're at it, who the hell voted Civil War, here? I really liked it, but it just came out, for Christ's sake. Movies from 2016 shouldn't have been allowed imo (and 2015 is stretching it too). Glad that a lot of people are voting favorably towards Pixar though. Inclusions of Inside Out and TS2 had me like :ohmygod:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

To be fair, I did find Tintin colorful and kinda funny, so... I don't feel strongly about it, but it's one that I don't really mind either. It's in the same meh'ish ballpark as TLW, only less so because of it being more fun. Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull is the film that I just cannot believe Spielberg made. It's too bad for that to be believable. And I'm not even a gigantic Indy mark, despite Raiders being a terrific film (and I like Last Crusade too), it's just... awful. Though one can put the blame on George Lucas, sure, but... Spielberg still directed it. He's still partly to blame, at least.

AI is another one that goes in the same line as Tintin and TLW - it's kinda meh. Though Haley Joel Osment was AMAZING in that film, just as good as he was in The Sixth Sense, but other than that... Spielberg tried waaayyyy too hard w/that one. It's insane to think the same man that directed Schindler's List, JP, Saving Private Ryan, Raiders, Jaws, Close Encounters, ET, Hook, Munich and all these other great/magical films could sometimes deliever such by the numbers affairs as well.

Come on guys, Tintin is such a magical ride if you relax and just let your mind go for it. Such a cute animation. Underrated.

AI is awesome. I couldn't stop thinking about it for quite a while after watching it.

• Like 2

hey, panda, where did little miss sunshine rank?

I had it on my top 10 and I noticed other people ranked it pretty high on their lists. And I'm almost sure the movie did appear in previous countdowns, so i'm kinda surprised.

also... rope missed the list? hm

Edited by JohnnY

4 hours ago, Baumer said:

Allow me to explain my Jurassic Park vs JW thing.

I liked Jurassic Park a lot.  It was great fun and Malcolm stole the show for the human side.  I gave that film 8.5/10

JW is just fun on every level.  Pratt is a bad ass protagonist and I loved the dynamic between him and Howard.  The dinosaurs in this were much more exciting that they were in JP and the end battle, starting with the Raptors following Pratt on the motorcycle, is just too awesome for words.  I loved JW.  And therefore it is a much better film than JP.

Insane?  Sure, I guess.  But what else is new?

I thought JP was a superior film, but I can understand why you would like JW better. It was a hell of a lot of fun, incredible action scenes, and Pratt was a boss. For me the plot holes were way too big to put it ahead of JP.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

Chris Pratt was a Mary Sue. 

His character would have to be competent instead of being one of the bozos who let the I-Rex out to murder everything and everyone and who then just stood there with a rifle in hand watching another man be chomped on and killed by a raptor.  Oh and be something besides a douche.

• Like 1