WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 75): X-MEN 103.3M OS OW | Angry Birds 38.15M | Captain America 32.9M (Ahoy Matey!!) | Neighbors 21.7M | The Nice Guys 11.2M | Jungle Book 10.9M

Just now, Treetrunk Special said:

$100M OW, let's say $300M total, plus $150M from remaining markets, that's $450M OS, which is strong despite -12% dip from DOFP.

My 650M WW prediction is looking good. 

• Like 1

X-Men just opened up - 4.8 million in Australia? Isn't that a horrible number? Or am I misreading things here?

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

X-Men just opened up - 4.8 million in Australia? Isn't that a horrible number? Or am I misreading things here?

it is quite a decrease, yeah. Exactly the same happened here in the UK.

12 minutes ago, Treetrunk Special said:

No, of course not, if I wanted to be cheap about drinks then I would only drink at home or parties

I know a guy who used to sneak  alcohol  in a flask to the bar.  We would get drunk at the movie  then go to the bar after. 

Edited by eddyxx

1 minute ago, superweirdo87 said:

2.2 from 3-day or 4-day. I am thinking 2.25 from 3-day and 1.9 from 4-day.

2.2 from 3 day OW. 

1 minute ago, Treetrunk Special said:

it is quite a decrease, yeah. Exactly the same happened here in the UK.

America is about to follow Australia and UK. 

• Like 1

Let's also think about weekdays to keep things in perspective.

On paper it seems that after nearly the same weekend as IM3 (72.5 vs 72.6), CW showed a much bigger drop - 33.1 vs 35.7.

But Mon-Thu for CW was 18.3 vs 16.0 for IM3.

So Mon-Sun for CW is 18.3 + 33.1 = 51.4m and Mon-Sun for IM3 is 16.0 + 35.8 = 51.8m.

Nearly the same.

The gap on Tue itself was 1.3m in favor of CW (6m vs 4.7m). So Discount Tuesday is certainly taking away some from the weekend.

Keep Calm

and

Don't Mention

Piracy

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Treetrunk Special said:

I just do not understand why people complain about prices for completely optional things, or things that are cheap anyway.

There's only a few things in this entire world that aren't "optional." Shelter, healthcare, basic food, and water. Otherwise, everything is optional- including movie tickets. The real thing I don't understand is why you're being such a snobbish, judgmental ass to people who do things a little differently than you. It's really starting to get a bit much. 

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 6

Just now, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

X-MEN has long since peaked and it's best days are behind.. They should've made an X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX movie instead of this to make up for the bullshit that was "X3: The LAST STAND".. DARK PHOENIX deserves an entire movie to itself..

Dark Phoenix is coming next. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

There's only a few things in this entire world that aren't "optional." Shelter, basic food, and water. Otherwise, everything is optional- including movie tickets. The real thing I don't understand is why you're being such a snobbish, judgmental ass to people who do things a little differently than you. It's really starting to get a bit much. 

How are movie tickets optional for going to see a movie? We are talking within the context of going to the cinema... in which you DO "need" to buy tickets. You do NOT need to buy 5 hot dogs, 9 large nachos, 7 buckets of popcorn and 23 cokes. It does not affect your ability to watch the movie, nor does it affect your enjoyment of the movie

Edited by Treetrunk Special
  • Like 1

Also, DHD is reporting the same markets with today's exchange rates DoFP would have done 100M, which means lower numbers than Apocalypse. 

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

Does KUNG FU PANDA III still have any markets left?

It just had Netherlands left a while back. KFP2 had done 5.3m there. I don't know if it's released there but that was the only one remaining when I last checked 2-3 weeks or so back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Treetrunk Special said:

How are movie tickets optional for going to see a movie? We are talking within the context of going to the cinema... in which you DO "need" to buy tickets. You do NOT need to buy 5 hot dogs, 9 large nachos, 7 buckets of popcorn and 23 cokes.

Most people in real life aren't movie nerds like us. They're families that want to have a fun experience with kids. When I went to see Eye in the Sky, I sat by myself and didn't buy a thing. When I went with my brothers and two little nieces to see Zootopia, we bought popcorn and drinks and some candy because we were a family that was having a good time and enjoying ourselves. Not everyone watches movies like you, Tree. Working and middle class families like mine should be able to enjoy experiences in life without breaking the bank. That isn't too much to ask. 

• Like 6