CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

Well I can't claim that this guy was high on my list but he looks the part, has cute dimples and a pretty good singing voice. I'll give him a chance.

I noticed that he's a lead on a series called World on Fire, which has actually been on my watchlist for a few weeks now. More reason to watch now, I'd say. 

https://deadline.com/2020/04/disney-rehires-furloughs-little-mermaid-uk-crew-after-coronavirus-production-shutdown-1202897458/

EXCLUSIVE: Disney has moved to retain and furlough crew working on its UK production The Little Mermaid, after previously serving them termination notice, and will utilize the government’s Job Retention Scheme, meaning they will receive 80% of salary up to a maximum of £2,500 ($3,100) per month.

In email correspondence seen by Deadline, executive producer Jeff Silver and unit production manager Russell Allen notified production staff yesterday that it will rescind prior termination notices that were handed out on March 20 when it originally shut down the shoot until April 3; crew will still be paid in full until that date. The furlough will last until at least the end of May, unless shooting resumes before then or the production does not move forward as originally planned.

That's good to see.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Still think they could find a better Ariel but good god this girl is gorgeous. I really hope she has acting skills that match her beauty.

She can’t be any worse than Emma Watson. She sounds like she has the singing chops so she’ll be fine. 

• Like 1

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/hollywood-film-production-resumes-avatar-mission-impossible-king-richard-1234629324/

In other parts of the world, the U.K., where “The Batman” and “The Little Mermaid” were filming or about to start shooting when coronavirus hit, is hoping to get production up-and-running by mid-June or July.