CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

If Apocalypse does 30M and follows DOFP:

30M Friday

24.7M Saturday

22M Sunday

16.7M Monday

77.7M 3 Day/94.4M 4 day

Is this about when you say your derby is screwed? You stick with 50m for wifebeater2?

I went with 35m.

4 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

But Alice was tracking better than Xmen...guess not

El Maybe gets tracking reports and has no idea how to interpret them. Of course Apocalypse tracking first choice numbers will be low when Civil War is also present on the tracking boards, he just puts the numbers out there with historical comparisons completely forgetting the current situation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

If Apocalypse does 30M and follows DOFP:

30M Friday

24.7M Saturday

22M Sunday

16.7M Monday

77.7M 3 Day/94.4M 4 day

It'll probably hold slightly worse than DOFP. $90m is still good though. Pretty much exactly on par with how it dropped from DOFP in the UK (-20%)

Just now, No Prisoners said:

Is this about when you say your derby is screwed? You stick with 50m for wifebeater2?

I went with 35m.

I bumped it down to 45M which was below the average so I'll be good.

• Like 2

Deadline just added

It should also be noted that Depp-gate, which is occurring right now in the actor’s divorce proceedings with Amber Heard, is not a negative factor contributing to the box office. Usually such glossy matters do not entire into the moviegoer’s decision-making process, plus in all fairness to Disney they sold this movie on all of the characters we loved from the first movie. A case in point, was the scandal that erupted around director Bryan Singer two years prior to X-Men: Days of Future Past. Those accusations against the director were more scathing and didn’t put a damper on X-Men: Days of Future Past from becoming the second highest grossing title in the franchise with $233.9M.

Not having impact on numbers they say.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

It'll probably hold slightly worse than DOFP. $90m is still good though. Pretty much exactly on par with how it dropped from DOFP in the UK (-20%)

It dropped 35% in the UK 

Alice was a one-off hit that wasn't going to do well 6 years later anyways. Pirates is a juggernaut franchise with 2 $1b grossers. Wonder Woman opening against it would be terrible for a franchise that can't afford to take another hit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cookie said:

Has Deppgate truly reached mainstream attention yet though? The news is still very fresh.

Will probably reach the mainstream fully later today when the entertainment and news shows report on it.

• Like 2

Alice 2 is opening below Tomorrowland? Wtf? The bomb is real with this one.

Apocalypse will barely match in 4 days what the previous movie did in 3 lol. Could have been worse but not by much.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

Has Deppgate truly reached mainstream attention yet though? The news is still very fresh.

isn't TMZ pretty mainstream?

I honestly have no sense of what is or isn't the mainstream, I just know wherever I am, is not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Will probably reach the mainstream fully later today when the entertainment and news shows report on it.

People will blame the lack of a big increase tomorrow on that.

• Like 1

DOFP did 8.1 + 27.4 on Friday. Over Sat+Sun+Mon it did 75.06m more, i.e 2.74x of true Friday (27.4m * 2.74 = 75)

APOC did 8.2 + 21.8 on Friday.  If APOC does 2.74x off true Friday, 21.8m, it will do 21.8 * 2.74 = 60m on Sat+Sun+Mon for a weekend of 30 + 60 = 90m.

But I don't expect the same multiplier off true Friday for APOC as it's already more front-loaded off the previews. So short of 90m looks like it.

Edited by a2knet

Just now, moviesRus said:

Alice was a one-off hit that wasn't going to do well 6 years later anyways. Pirates is a juggernaut franchise with 2 $1b grossers. Wonder Woman opening against it would be terrible for a franchise that can't afford to take another hit.

It's going to take a hit no matter what opens against it, no one cares. And they think bringing back Orlando Bloom is gonna help it :depp:

• Like 2