CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

I know the comparison is sort of eye rolly but really more than any other movie I've seen this decade gone girl felt like the type of trashy shit Hitchcock would've loved to have fun with if he was still kicking it today. While still feeling distinctly fincher of course.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I know the comparison is sort of eye rolly but really more than any other movie I've seen this decade gone girl felt like the type of trashy shit Hitchcock would've loved to have fun with if he was still kicking it today. While still feeling distinctly fincher of course.

Stoker too IIRC (need to give it a rewatch)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, La Binoche said:

GONE GIRL has its problems and the book is better but it's so rare nowadays for a studio to give a great filmmaker a big budget for an adult movie and let him go wild. It reminded me of BASIC INSTINCT in that regard. 

Basic Instinct has an adjusted gross of 243 million.

Gone Girl adjusted is 173 million.

More reasons for Girl on the Train to break out :)

1 minute ago, Jack Nevada said:

So is The Girl on a Train trailer supposed to be great or something? Looked kinda limp to me.

I think everyone's just so beaten down with all the Zimmery, grey, "epic" trailers that anything decent-looking that's distinct gets extra love

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

The original Pirates of the Caribbean is one of my favorite blockbusters. The sequels sucked. I no longer have any interest in the series.

Loved the first

liked the second

disliked the third

Was indifferent to the 4th

Mildly interested in the 5th

1 minute ago, ThiagoMaia said:

Going to see x men in half an hour. Does it have a post credit scene? Anything worth it?

RunPee is an app that actually shows what movies have end credits scenes and how long the credits roll for.  Apparently, there is one after the end credits, and the credits run for 8 1/2 minutes.

It also has times when it's okay to take a bathroom break in the movie, and gives you a vibration when it's happening (you start a timer when it tells you too).  While you're in the bathroom, you can also read a brief summary on what's going on.

It's actually a really handy app.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ThatOneGuy said:

RunPee is an app that actually shows what movies have end credits scenes and how long the credits roll for.  Apparently, there is one after the end credits, and the credits run for 8 1/2 minutes.

It also has times when it's okay to take a bathroom break in the movie, and gives you a vibration when it's happening (you start a timer when it tells you too).  While you're in the bathroom, you can also read a brief summary on what's going on.

Is the data for the app available on day one?

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Is the data for the app available on day one?

They usually see it at the first showtime available (basically meaning on Thursday night) and multiple people go to different showings for different movies.

6 minutes ago, ThatOneGuy said:

RIP Movies March 15, 1972-May 27, 2016

• Like 11

Just now, Chewy said:

RIP Movies March 15, 1972-May 27, 2016

Oh, it doesn't disturb other people, trust me.  It's only a vibration, no sound or anything.  I think it's actually really handy.  It saved my life a couple times when I had to use the bathroom really badly during a movie.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ThatOneGuy said:

Fuck outta here with that crap.

• Like 6