CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

23 minutes ago, kowhite said:

I liked the movie but huh?  As the last part of 3 it's ...not amazing.  It's best stuff is launching the Xmen...

IMO...though it suffers a bit for not spending more time with them.  Apoc was...well, he needed more time...yet, they spent it spent too much time on him...if that makes sense.

Not compared to the last 2, but as like how it builds off the other two. If you haven't seen FC or DOFP I don't think people would like it as much.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AJG said:

That kid went from randomly being on EastEnders (a UK soap opera) to being in Xmen.

I wonder if he's been to any pool parties recently.

I just checked and that actor is 25. So in other words, too old. ;)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I mean, I guess I said that. Probably just parroting whatever other people were saying.

Nope. You lead the charge. In the first few days I said piracy could lead to losing to IM3. Then I added even 400m could be a challenge. You sad no way. I said, 'way". And others chimed in. It was the first week. Don't remember which day, too many pages to look through.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, No Prisoners said:

Nope. You lead the charge. In the first few days I said piracy could lead to losing to IM3. Then I added even 400m could be a challenge. You sad no way. I said, 'way". And others chimed in. It was the first week. Don't remember which day, too many pages to look through.

OK, you might be legitimately delusional.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, cannastop said:

OK, you might be legitimately delusional.

You have a bad memory for a young person. Page 19 of may 15th weekend thread. You were the first to reply to my under 400m comment. 

No delusion here. Look it up.

Posted  · 

@No Prisoners

Alright, I think you might be reading too much into it for the domestic numbers. There's no way it falls short of $400 M

Apocalypse really isn't doing too great at our theatre. I mean it's bringing in business for sure, and it's not like we look at our numbers and say "oh that movie cost 200M to make what a bomb." For example a thousand people is a thousand people doesn't matter if the movie cost 100k or 100M to make.

Anyways Saturday numbers were roughly X-Men 15M, Alice 16M, AngryBirds 20-21M(!) Neighbors/Nice Guys 5-7M each.

10 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

You have a bad memory for a young person. Page 19 of may 15th weekend thread. You were the first to reply to my under 400m comment. 

No delusion here. Look it up.

Posted  · 

@No Prisoners

Alright, I think you might be reading too much into it for the domestic numbers. There's no way it falls short of $400 M

I certainly wasn't the first to say it on this entire forum, man.

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Apocalypse really isn't doing too great at our theatre. I mean it's bringing in business for sure, and it's not like we look at our numbers and say "oh that movie cost 200M to make what a bomb." For example a thousand people is a thousand people doesn't matter if the movie cost 100k or 100M to make.

Anyways Saturday numbers were roughly X-Men 15M, Alice 16M, AngryBirds 20-21M(!) Neighbors/Nice Guys 5-7M each.

Ouch...that is horrible for X-Men.

• Like 1

Avatar 2 is still going to be a huge event film.  James Cameron is going to introduce the world to some shiny tech that may or may not be worth seeing in IMAX/3D or whatever BUT people will not want to miss out on that.  I think the OW will be HUGE.  It could crash hard but the intrigue will be enough for audiences to swarm at least initially.

26 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I certainly wasn't the first to say it on this entire forum, man.

Dude, take some ownership.

Sure, but you can't assume whoever else is reading your comment in a thread has also read everything else you've read. You're the one making the post and the argument. If someone else made a compelling argument elsewhere and it convinced you, then put in that argument to convince whoever you're talking to in the next thread. Even if you simply saw the number, exercised zero thought, and then regurgitated it into another thread, you're still the one who wrote the post.

Claiming that you post stuff purely because someone else in some other place posted it and therefore is somehow unconnected to you is a terrible argument for two reasons. First, its just wrong seeing as how you're the one who typed the post. And second, it makes you look like you don't have two brain cells to rub together. Unless you've done a good job of being especially witty or funny or something, you're basically telling people they should just ignore whatever you post and move on.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Wrath said:

Dude, take some ownership.

Sure, but you can't assume whoever else is reading your comment in a thread has also read everything else you've read. You're the one making the post and the argument. If someone else made a compelling argument elsewhere and it convinced you, then put in that argument to convince whoever you're talking to in the next thread. Even if you simply saw the number, exercised zero thought, and then regurgitated it into another thread, you're still the one who wrote the post.

Claiming that you post stuff purely because someone else in some other place posted it and therefore is somehow unconnected to you is a terrible argument for two reasons. First, its just wrong seeing as how you're the one who typed the post. And second, it makes you look like you don't have two brain cells to rub together. Unless you've done a good job of being especially witty or funny or something, you're basically telling people they should just ignore whatever you post and move on.

Gosh, you're taking this very seriously.

Alright, I said that Cap 3 was going to pass $400 M easily, and I might be wrong. Might still be right, though.

• Like 1

http://deadline.com/2016/05/x-men-apocalypse-alice-through-the-looking-glass-memorial-day-weekend-box-office-1201763668/

5TH UPDATE, Saturday PM: Tropical Storm Bonnie, the first of the year to threaten the U.S., will hit South Carolina by Sunday night, so distrib chiefs can’t use the weather as an excuse yet for what has been a lackluster Memorial Day weekend at the B.O.. The new titles — 20th Century Fox’s X-Men: Apocalypse andDisney’s Alice Through the Looking Glass  were both down today from their Friday B.O., respectively -24% and -11%, while all the holdovers were up on Saturday. As such, 3-day and 4-day projections on both titles have fallen.  The fourth Bryan Singer X-Men movie after making an estimated $19.85M tonight is set to bring in $64M over FSS and a little more than $77M for its four-day, below the $80M that the Fox lot was forecasting. Oy vey. Meanwhile, Disney’s mishap Alice 2 is seeing $26.9M-$27.4M over FSS and $34M-$34.5M for FSSM.

Edited by No Prisoners

http://deadline.com/2016/05/x-men-apocalypse-alice-through-the-looking-glass-memorial-day-weekend-box-office-1201763668/

5TH UPDATE, Saturday PM: Tropical Storm Bonnie, the first of the year to threaten the U.S., will hit South Carolina by Sunday night, so distrib chiefs can’t use the weather as an excuse yet for what has been a lackluster Memorial Day weekend at the B.O.. The new titles — 20th Century Fox’s X-Men: Apocalypse and Disney’s Alice Through the Looking Glass  were both down today from their Friday B.O., respectively -24% and -11%, while all the holdovers were up on Saturday. As such, 3-day and 4-day projections on both titles have fallen.  The fourth Bryan Singer X-Men movie after making an estimated $19.85M tonight is set to bring in $64M over FSS and a little more than $77M for its four-day, below the $80M that the Fox lot was forecasting. Oy vey. Meanwhile, Disney’s mishap Alice 2 is seeing $26.9M-$27.4M over FSS and $34M-$34.5M for FSSM.

Shitty box office is shitty - the new releases are dead, the holdovers doubly so. Civil War will fall 57% on a 3 day basis and almost 50% 4 day. Crazy low MD box office, and this is before the Game 7 effect on Monday.

In regards to the rest of the top five tonight, Sony/Rovio’s sturdy canary who is nipping at Alice’s cat, The Angry Birds Movie, is up 40% over yesterday with $7M on its way to a second weekend of $18.4M, -52% with a 4-day of $24.5M and an 11-day total of $72.2M.

Fourth place belongs to Disney/Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War which made $5.4M on Saturday, +32% over Friday for a fourth frame of $14.1M, -57%, 4-day of $18M and a running cume by the end of Monday of $375.5M.

Universal’s Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising is currently partying in fifth with $3.1M on Saturday, +11% for a second weekend take that’s $8.85M, -59%, 4-day of $11M and an 11-day running total of $40.2M.