CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

3 minutes ago, James said:

With Bloom returning I'm not sure it will. Problem with Alice 2 is not it's DOM drop, but the OS one. That is surprising. Pirates will not face that problem though, so it will be fine.

No one cares about Orlando Bloom these days.

If they ever did that is. Man, the days he was touted to be the next big star feel so, so, so long ago.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

$90m+ would be solid for X-Men, it was never going to as well as DOFP. Alice flopping doesn't surprise and I'm not sure if OS can save it. Luckily for Disney, Jungle Book, Civil war and Zoo have made enough dough to cover the losses for Alice. 

Pirates 5 will drop from On Stranger's Tide, I wonder if another studio might be ballsy enough to move a film to Memorial Day and cause Disney to move Pirates, maybe Warner Bros will bring Wonder Woman forward a week

Warner, do it !!!

• Like 2

With Bloom returning I'm not sure it will.

We're almost ten years post-Bloom. That's only slightly more plausible than saying Josh Duhamel will prevent Transformers 5 from dropping. 

5 minutes ago, James said:

With Bloom returning I'm not sure it will. Problem with Alice 2 is not it's DOM drop, but the OS one. That is surprising. Pirates will not face that problem though, so it will be fine.

6 years is a long time. Plus, parents think the kids have enough of moviegoing experience with Zootopia, Jungle Book & Captain America.

Overstuffed!

Edited by zackzack

1 hour ago, Treetrunk Special said:

dude... why did you have to bring him up. the feels, man :( 

Wait...I'm so out of the loop. Or maybe I just didn't care the first time. Refresh my memory.  What did I miss? 

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

If they ever did that is. Man, the days he was touted to be the next big star feel so, so, so long ago.

7 minutes ago, RichWS said:

We're almost ten years post-Bloom. That's only slightly more plausible than saying Josh Duhamel will prevent Transformers 5 from dropping. 

It's not about Bloom per se. It's about Will Turner. He may not have much of a career nowadays, but in this franchise, just as in LOTR/TH, he is a main attraction.

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Dude just couldn't carry a film by himself. He might not be an A lister anymore, but he still gets tail like one. 

2 hours ago, moviesRus said:

Every source reported DOFP's previews at 10pm. If you saw it early, then your theater either jumped the gun or you're misremembering it.

Uh, I have never gone to a 10 p.m. movie on release night. I've either done midnights or 7-8 p.m. So no.

14 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

I can't believe Last Stand did $122m on this weekend 10 years ago. Sad that that movie was the peak box office success for this franchise (domestically). 

The movie isn't too bad once you get past the fact that it isn't as good as X2.

Just now, Jim Shorts said:

Dude just couldn't carry a film by himself. He might not be an A lister anymore, but he still gets tail like one. 

I assume he only returns to these franchises because he doesn't have anything else going on and has child support he needs to pay. Keira Knightley should consider herself lucky that she isn't in a similar situation.

It's not about Bloom per se. It's about Will Turner. He may not have much of a career nowadays, but in this franchise, just as in LOTR/TH, he is a main attraction.

Dude... The franchise is nothing without Jack fucking Sparrow.  Would rather have Elisabeth Swan back than Will Turner

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Dude... The franchise is nothing without Jack fucking Sparrow.  Would rather have Elisabeth Swan back than Will Turner

Where did I say anything about Jack? Ofc he is the star. Piartes wouldn't exist without Depp. But Bloom shared the spotlight in the original trilogy. Bringing him back is a plus.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

You know, I'm actually not that surprised at how low Alice 2 dropped.

Going from $330M to $100M is a pretty astounding, bordering on unprecedented, drop-off attendance-wise, though.