La Binoche

Weekend #s June 3-5: TMNT2 35.25m, X:A 22.3m, MBY 18.27m, Alice 10.69m, Birds 9.775m

16 minutes ago, trifle said:

Warcraft's impact is the question, later on, but yeah, China gave XA  a warm welcome.

I think Warcraft is gonna be the BVS of the game movies. It'll have a huge opening and a huge drop, unfortunately.

Its presales got slower, while Apocalypse's had a great bumping ( people thought Apocalypse would flop, but its numbers picked up ).  I don't want Warcraft to fail, but I hope it's not victim of it's game hype.  It's up to general audiences, I guess.

I'll be watching Warcraft soon.

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Bit of a bold prediction for June, but I don't think the shallows is going to get trashed. I actually think it'll be a "good for an hour, but loses steam" situation. 

Also think (but this isn't bold at all) that Dory will get good reviews, but is certainly similar to the first.

That's basically the vibe I'm getting from the trailers.

6 minutes ago, The Panda said:

The Shallows looked really dumb, but that likely means I'll get dragged into it as I've given more Ds and Fs this year than As, Bs, and C's combined (or close to it)

I don't know why you'd give a lot of Ds and Fs unless you really REALLY hate the movies in question. Of the movies I've watched so far released last year I've given 4 D's and 3 F's. Yet I gave a TON of B's. I don't like to watch movies I know I'm going to hate.

Edited by department store basement

2 minutes ago, department store basement said:

I don't know why you'd give a lot of Ds and Fs unless you really REALLY hate the movies in question. Of the movies I've watched so far released last year I've given 4 D's and 3 F's. Yet I gave a TON of B's.

I've given like 3 As, 5 Bs, 5-6 Cs, like 8-9 Ds, 4-5 Fs, and 1 Z

And I feel like I've overall been generous with all of my grades that aren't As this year.  I'm being stricter about what I give an A+ or A this year as I felt I gave out to many last year that I didn't feel were as warranted a good time after seeing them.

53 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I think Tyler Perry's movies barely make a dime overseas...

African American centric movies in general receive most of their gross domestically. 

Edited by Rman823

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Aw, c'mon. Have you even seen Zootopia?

Yes, I did.  And I enjoyed it very much.  Until the typical dance number ending.  I think the movie could have done without it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I think Warcraft is gonna be the BVS of the game movies. It'll have a huge opening and a huge drop, unfortunately.

Its presales got slower, while Apocalypse's had a great bumping ( people thought Apocalypse would flop, but its numbers picked up ).  I don't want Warcraft to fail, but I hope it's not victim of it's game hype.  It's up to general audiences, I guess.

I'll be watching Warcraft soon.

DUnno thats exactly the opposite vibe i get here in EUrope, mediocre oppening due to sceptikism about  reviews and rating, and strong legs due to screen enjoyment.It has very good legs so far in Europe even though the the competition is huge

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rentaro1989 said:

DUnno thats exactly the opposite vibe i get here in EUrope, mediocre oppening due to sceptikism about  reviews and rating, and strong legs due to screen enjoyment.It has very good legs so far in Europe even though the the competition is huge

I really hope Warcraft makes a good money in China and everywhere. :)

3 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I really hope Warcraft makes a good money in China and everywhere. :)

I was very optimistic it has done fantastic numbers in RUssia-Germany-France.IT opened very well, still 70 mill mainly europe and 2-3 asian countries its a solid start.But then itally-UK came.

ALso it seems we  wont have that insane 300-350 mil prediction for China.It will land propably around 200-220 which of course its a huge load of money but not enough to ignore US box office.

If Movie makes less than 60 mill domestic i just dont see how we can get a sequel,movie recieved extreme and unjustified negativity in many cases i can name dozens of examples but i will need many pages.WHat its done its done some people just want to a specific trend going''game movie adaptations are bad'' wether the movie is actually good or bad

• Like 1