La Binoche

Weekend #s June 3-5: TMNT2 35.25m, X:A 22.3m, MBY 18.27m, Alice 10.69m, Birds 9.775m

35 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Conjuring 2: 52M

Now You See Me 2: 19M

Warcraft: 17M

TMNT: 14.5M 

Me Before You: 11M

X-Men: 10.8M

Alice: 5.4M

Angry Birds: 5M

Captain America: 3.8M

The Jungle Book: 2.8M

X-Men's gonna be out of the Top 5 next weekend :lol: 

The COnjuring 52 Million..HAHAHAHAHAHA..by the way it oppened in SOuth KOrea with an insane 17k dollars openning.LOL

Edited by Rentaro1989

57 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

The 2016 box office in....

January:

rashida-jones-the-office-shrug-gif.gif

February through April:

tumblr_lju6ex3ism1qzej09-2.gif?w=830

May to now:

tumblr_m9e0pqwbry1r3gb3zo1_400.gif

Jan was pretty exciting for the first half.  Star Wars holding over and the Revenant were fun.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

You are underestimating the Barbie movie, especially with a Mothers Day release date. I can see it doing 50M OW, Barbie is pretty much a pop culture icon and the release date is aces.

isn't this just another of the billion different cheapo animated barbie movies that are straight to dvd? but this one is j getting a limited cinema release?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Treecraft said:

The only really safe one is Guardians of the Galaxy - it's coming off a VERY well liked first movie, it's got breathing space after its release date, and it's the first big movie in a month (since Fast 8 at start of April).

Spider-Man, Pirates and Transformers franchises have been on a consistent downwards spiral.

Spider-Man was very well-received in Civil War (one of the bright spots), so that's a pretty safe bet. 

Wonder Woman is fairly safe since she and Batfleck were the bright spots of BvS. If the budget isn't $200 million+, it'll probably succeed. 

DM3 will be successful no matter what since the budget will be $70-80 million like all of the other Illumination movies. 

But yeah most of the summer movies are somewhat risky. I could see every thing else doing sub-$175 million DOM besides those four. 

• Like 3

Just now, John Marston said:

Despicable Me 3 should also comfortably cross 300m

I wouldn't bet on it, it will likely drop from Minions since that dropped from the second one. it will obvs do very well but 300M is not guaranteed. only thing it really has going for it is the lack of other animation.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mahnamahna said:

Spider-Man was very well-received in Civil War (one of the bright spots), so that's a pretty safe bet. 

Wonder Woman is fairly safe since she and Batfleck were the bright spots of BvS. If the budget isn't $200 million+, it'll probably succeed. 

DM3 will be successful no matter what since the budget will be $70-80 million like all of the other Illumination movies. 

But yeah most of the summer movies are somewhat risky. I could see every thing else doing sub-$175 million DOM besides those four. 

I don't mean they will flop, I just mean that they will all be "disappointments" in some way and will drop from their previous movies. Of course most of them will turn profit :) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, grim22 said:

You are underestimating the Barbie movie, especially with a Mothers Day release date. I can see it doing 50M OW, Barbie is pretty much a pop culture icon and the release date is aces.

There are two articles I feel show the uphill battle the Barbie movie is facing: one is from Forbes' Scott Mendelson written immediately when Jem and the Holograms flopped last year, and the other is a Kidscreen article showing the gender gap between IPs like Ninja Turtles and Barbie.  I have also used that Kidscreen article to show the challenge the My Little Pony animated movie will be facing next year too.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Treecraft said:

isn't this just another of the billion different cheapo animated barbie movies that are straight to dvd? but this one is j getting a limited cinema release?

No, this may be live action I think. They just moved it to Mothers Day as a wide release, first big event movie for the brand. I can see it being huge that weekend.

I also think Bad Boys 3 most likely isn't happening for that date, Smith is pretty much booked solid till the end of the year with Suicide Squad promos, Collateral Beauty, Bright and the other promo tours. With nothing else in place currently, it may move farther into the year.

• Like 1

The summers aren't that bad really, similar number of hits, it's just that studios are farting out 150M movies every week and wondering why they don't compete with the big titles

And greenlighting sequels to every piece of shit that barely succeeds

• Like 8

Just now, grim22 said:

No, this may be live action I think. They just moved it to Mothers Day as a wide release, first big event movie for the brand. I can see it being huge that weekend.

I also think Bad Boys 3 most likely isn't happening for that date, Smith is pretty much booked solid till the end of the year with Suicide Squad promos, Collateral Beauty, Bright and the other promo tours. With nothing else in place currently, it may move farther into the year.

Oh my bad, I assumed it was animated.

Also I'm pretty sure it was confirmed a while ago that Bad Boys 3 will not feature Will Smith. i could be wrong tho.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Outrageous! said:

There are two articles I feel show the uphill battle the Barbie movie is facing: one is from Forbes' Scott Mendelson written immediately when Jem and the Holograms flopped last year, and the other is a Kidscreen article showing the gender gap between IPs like Ninja Turtles and Barbie.  I have also used that Kidscreen article to show the challenge the My Little Pony animated movie will be facing next year too.

Mendelson wrote an article yesterday showing why some movies don't need male viewers to be big hits as well

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/06/03/box-office-does-ghostbusters-need-men-to-be-a-smash/#2fc1bed933e7

• Like 3

Just now, Treecraft said:

Oh my bad, I assumed it was animated.

Also I'm pretty sure it was confirmed a while ago that Bad Boys 3 will not feature Will Smith. i could be wrong tho.

You are thinking of Independence Day. Bad Boys franchise is useless without Will Smith returning, might as well not make the movie at that point.

• Like 1

Just now, grim22 said:

You are thinking of Independence Day. Bad Boys franchise is useless without Will Smith returning, might as well not make the movie at that point.

(that applies to ID as well :ph34r:)

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Despicable Me 3 should also comfortably cross 300m

Or there could be drastic decrease from DM2, I think Minions may have exhausted some of the passion toward this franchise.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, mahnamahna said:

Although I don't expect War for the Planet of Apes to explode, I think it would probably cross 200M again domestically, and also do well worldwide.

• Like 3